Post Questions Here...

diesel23

Reaction score
Well im still having trouble rooting this x2 don't know if its my comp or what I went through and individually downloaded the drivers, gingerbread 2.3.3 , rds lite 5.3 and I can't get 7zip to unzip the rds I open it on my comp and it immediately closes I mean I rooted a galaxy tab and didn't have this much trouble I even tried doin my own leg Wrk found gingerbread 1.2 and it didnt wanna Wrk hate to ask for so much but I still need help

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

diesel23

Reaction score
Gingerbread 1.2*** is what I meant

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Well im still having trouble rooting this x2 don't know if its my comp or what I went through and individually downloaded the drivers, gingerbread 2.3.3 , rds lite 5.3 and I can't get 7zip to unzip the rds I open it on my comp and it immediately closes I mean I rooted a galaxy tab and didn't have this much trouble I even tried doin my own leg Wrk found gingerbread 1.2 and it didnt wanna Wrk hate to ask for so much but I still need help

Use This 1-Click Root Method.(For Gingerbread ONLY)

The SBF Files Are Not Zipped. Rename Removing The ".gz"

And You're Not Asking For Anything. Carry On. :)

f3ryan

Reaction score
Titanium Backup: Freeze or Uninstall?

Howdy, Everyone!

My name's Bryan and I just got my first DROID ever - X2! I apologize in advance for my ignorance and total lack of knowledge in the rooting and totally pimping out one's X2.

I just rooted my X2 with that one-click program (Ginger Break) and installed Titanium Backup Pro.

I'm fully aware that there are risks to uninstalling certain apps that come pre-installed on the X2. My question is, is there a list of pre-installed apps that are safe to uninstall or is it simply smarter to freeze the pre-installed apps?

Ultimately, I would really like to free up some memory and have this baby run faster, meaner, and better. If there's a better way to go about this, I would truly, greatly appreciate your expert feedback.

FYI: I am running on Android 2.2.2. I hear a lot of folks here talking about GB (Gingerbread?). Is that supposed to be faster?

Much obliged,

Bry

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Bryan Welcome,

Here's My List I Composed That Either You Can Freeze Or Delete.(Click Here)

Also If You're Interested In Gingerbread You Can Either Use P3's Pre-Root Or SBF 2.3.3 And Use The 1-Click Root Method.(Found Here)

Just Be Certain To Read What The App Is Before Removing It. Obviously Don't Delete What You're Gonna Be Using.

f3ryan

Reaction score
ignore everything i just said. what a complete newb move. i asked a question that was answered on the very same thread you referred me to. sorry.

thanks, mike

Last edited:

f3ryan

Reaction score
It's Fine I Forgive You I Can't Be That Harsh On Your First Day. ;)

Haha, cool. I just want to make sure of this: Is it safe for me to to use P3Droid's Pre-Rooted Gingerbread given that I am running on the stock android 2.2.2 and i have rooted my phone once using ginger break? I have never done a system recovery. I just want to be sure because I'm SO SCARED of bricking my very first, super sweet and sexy X2. =T

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Haha, cool. I just want to make sure of this: Is it safe for me to to use P3Droid's Pre-Rooted Gingerbread given that I am running on the stock android 2.2.2 and i have rooted my phone once using ginger break? I have never done a system recovery. I just want to be sure because I'm SO SCARED of bricking my very first, super sweet and sexy X2. =T

Of Course You Can, As Long As You Haven't Frozen Or Deleted ANYTHING. Do A Factory Reset, Install The Recovery, And Download The Pre-Root Zip.

f3ryan

Reaction score
I uninstalled a bunch of stuff using titanium. Does that mean I need to sbf before I can go through with P3's preroot?

Im on my way to school. Hehe