Possible to copy / paste files to fix possible brick?

efbld2f

Reaction score
My inc2 was rooted with Revolutionary, and after a few successful factory wipes over the last few weeks, the latest factory wipe I did seems to have bricked the phone. I still have access to hboot and hboot usb where I can recover, mount, wipe, etc., but nothing will allow me to get my phone past the white HTC splash screen. By the way, I also successfully reinstalled the root zip from the sd card, but it still hangs at the HTC screen.

Even the backup I had created isn't doing anything. However, since I have access to the sd card via usb, can I just upload whatever could be missing/corrupt? Should I try to unroot? Would that cause me to lose usb access and totally bone me?

Should I try to flash a custom rom or preferably an image of my stock rom so I can continue to use my rooted phone as stock?

Running 2.3.*. Apparently an OTA came out a few days ago and I started having reboot/crash problem over the last week. So I don't know if I accidentally got the update. S-OFF is displayed (as usual) in hboot. Let me know if any other info is needed.

Thanks

OP
E

efbld2f

Reaction score
Custom rom

Thinking about trying to install a custom rom via bootloader from sd card. Any input?

ABQNM

Reaction score
I see no mention of going into recovery in your posts. When you go to the bootloader, you then choosing recovery to get to ClockworkMod Recovery, correct? You should be loading your backup from there. You may want to just try wiping cache and dalvik cache (under advanced in CWM) and try to boot as that sometimes will fix it.

As to the custom ROM question, you don't use the bootloader for most ROMs unless they are stock HTC ROMs. You install them with recovery (CWM). There are a lot of articles here, on RootzWiki and XDAdevelopers for the dinc2 on installing custom ROMs, but primarily you should follow the instructions in the ROM thread as installation methods and requirements can vary.

OP
E

efbld2f

Reaction score
Fixed. Downloaded Incredible HD rom and installed via zip within clockwork. No idea what happened, but at least it works now.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fixed. Downloaded Incredible HD rom and installed via zip within clockwork. No idea what happened, but at least it works now.

Hey I see you messaged me earlier. Sorry I didn't get back to you til later. Did you get everything all fixed then?

You prolly got the update pushed to you automatically. There is a way to disable the OTA through root explorer if you want that method. If you are on Newts Incredible HD I don't think the update will get pushed to you anymore.

When installing a Rom or restoring a backup...in Clockwork recovery just wipe data, cache and dalvick cache like stated before. You usually dont wipe or format anything else. When installing kernels and flashable themes you dont wipe data. If you have clockwork installed you are pretty much safe if you have a backup and/or rom file on your sdcard at all times.

Let us know if you have anymore questions.