Please help, Might have bricked my buddies phone

Reaction score
So I was trying to root and I screwed up bad. I got clockwork installed successfully and got excited and tried to flash a rom without making a back up. I then tried to boot and I get stuck at the htc screen. Then I went into the bootloader to factory reset and noticed the hboot was still .98 or whatever instead of .97 so the downgrade did not work sucessfully apparently. Then tried to factory reset and I still cant boot. All i can do is get to clockwork recovery (by fastbooting img) and the bootloader.

Please help. Tell me there is a way to sbf like the og droid. Pleasseeeee.

Edit: Also when trying to factory reset it vibrates a few times. Is that normal?
Edit 2: The phone was bought from best buy 2 days ago and if it is bricked will he be able to return it for a new one or will i be footing the bill?

Last edited:

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't need to return it. If you had been a little more patient we could have helped you.

OP
droidaddict101
Reaction score
Well it was a grueling night/day and I waited as long as I could before my buddy freaked and returned it. I am still curious to know what I could have done. I was trying everything and was really disappointed to not figure it out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Newtoroot

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well it was a grueling night/day and I waited as long as I could before my buddy freaked and returned it. I am still curious to know what I could have done. I was trying everything and was really disappointed to not figure it out.

Sounds like you just didn't wipe good before flashing... A factory reset doesn't take you back to stock it just clears data... Next time wait alil bit there was nothing wrong with it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
droidaddict101
Reaction score
Sounds like you just didn't wipe good before flashing... A factory reset doesn't take you back to stock it just clears data... Next time wait alil bit there was nothing wrong with it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

No that's the thing. I still didn't have s off so nothing was actually flashing. I did wipe data and cache. What do you mean by wipe good?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You wiped the android os off the phone. That is why you bootlooped. You have to have a ROM available to flash from the sd card before you wipe data and cache. As stated he could of waited for help since the ruu is available.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
droidaddict101
Reaction score
Well that's the thing, I tried flashing a rom, bootloop, and then the ruu, bootloop again. But stuck in that bootloop with boot loader unlocked and s on still... what were my options? The ruu and I just did it the wrong way?