Possible Specs Leaked for Samsung's Galaxy Note II

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
note2leak.jpg

Possible specs for Samsung's upcoming phablet, the Galaxy Note II, have been leaked by a Korean newspaper. The leak included a purported screen grab (shown above) and claims the device will launch with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The article also claims that the device will have a 1.4Ghz Quad-core Exynos 4412 CPU, a 1280 x 720 Super AMOLED 5.5" Screen, an 8 MP rear camera, 3g/4g radios, and will come in 16 and 32GB variants. Keep in mind that these specs are only rumored and the US variants of the device may be different. We should have more solid information after Samsung's Unpacked event this Wednesday, until then let us know what you think in the forums.

Source: Phone Arena

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
Wonder what it has for RAM and GPU? They have to be pretty beefy to compete with the new LG Optimus G.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

52brandon

Reaction score
Wonder what it has for RAM and GPU? They have to be pretty beefy to compete with the new LG Optimus G.

phone chips have the GPU built in, so I'm pretty confident in saying that it will have a 1GB RAM Mali-400 GPU

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
Yeah they are a SoC but I wasn't sure how standardized they were, i.e. does one certain processor always come with the same GPU? Anyway I think the Optimus has a Mali 320? I think I read about it on Engadget.

EDIT: Adreno 320. Dunno how those two chips compare.

52brandon

Reaction score
Yeah they are a SoC but I wasn't sure how standardized they were, i.e. does one certain processor always come with the same GPU? Anyway I think the Optimus has a Mali 320? I think I read about it on Engadget.

EDIT: Adreno 320. Dunno how those two chips compare.

I believe they always come with the same GPU. The chip sounds amazing, but evenstill, I'm surprised they didn't go with the newer ARM-15 5-series Exynos which was designed for tablets, but given that the note is significantly bigger than most phones, I would imagine they could cram it in there