Portable charger

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a college student, so i tend to do a lot of walking around. I'm also a nerd so i do a lot on my droid. Basically i need a portable charger or im gonna have to get a new phone...(which would suck) i get like 7 hours on a good day(which im sure is normal), im always doing something on my droid.... but i need it to last the second half of the day. (so i can actually text people when they are awake). I have been looking at some portable chargers and im kinda freaked out (so many!)
I first contemplated the solar ones... but i think my nerdness level isnt that high yet (and the fact that it takes like all day to get a charge)
Ive looked at many, but have decided it would be way more useful if i carried around a portable battery. (as it would also be useful to charge other things because i often forget to charge my *non ipod* mp3 player which does last all day on a charge)
So far i'm looking at the "Energizer energi to go xp8000" as it looks like it would fit into my cargo pocket and supply's a lot of power. My big question here is has anyone tried this product out with the droid? does it include the droids "tip"? i cant find a list of the tips provided on the site...
And just as a side note to anyone who happens to leave me a suggestion to a different product: I am limited by the fact that i do not have a Credit Card so i have no online buying abilities. I live around Arizona State University so its gonna have to be a walmart, radioshack, costco, bestbuy, kmart etc.. stores that i can walk in to. *not amazon nor any other online site.
Thank you in advance, Your help is greatly appreciated.

coolkidd

Reaction score

brando56894

Reaction score
Here are my suggestions: root and setup profiles so you can underclock it while the screen is off, get an extended and/or extra battery, carry around a charger or get disposable battery packs.

Im a college student also (at Rutgers University in NJ) and I always carry around my charger with me since Im almost always near an ac outlet or a computer. I have three chargers: one for at home thats connected to the multimedia dock, one in car for that dock and one I carry around in my bag. I also have it underclocked to 250-500 when its sleeping.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought myself a Zagg Sparq 2.0. This thing can charge anything USB devices! So you are not just limited to your phone. This has been very useful in many occasion (even saved my co-worker who owns an iPhone)....

Too bad you can't buy it online. I bought mine discounted for $50. It normally cost $100.

Check their website ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I just need to buy it..... which it doesn't look like anybody carries it. Energi to go at least is at costco,

and to garrett with the goodhope, I actually went into walmart to find this beast, they didn't have it... then I researched more. The battery is okay but Ima going to get some zing to my buck.
Brando , I'm running bbv4 froyo. I used to do setcpu and whatnot when i had UD but I seem to be getting a battery drain with it in froyo.(my phones emo sometimes I guess lol)
Slomox: extra droid battery is a great idea but I have a problem, myphone is encased in a plastic black tough thing and getting it off to change the battery would be way too much hassel. I don't think the makers of it were thinking about people taking it off without destroying it...
Anyone tryout the energi thing?

Droid101

Reaction score
I know you said you don't have a credit card but on this site you can pay for a paypal account which all paypal requires is you have a checking account. This is a solar charger at the following link I don't have it but I am considering getting it:Mobile Phone Solar Charger

If you don't have a checking account then just disregard this. Hope it helps any:)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
extra battery would seem like the easiest solution if you ask me.

i wouldn't wanna be carrying a solar charger the whole day.

dallen2558

Reaction score
A manager at Verizon suggested Advanced Task Killer, A free ap in the market. I tell you, it makes all the difference in the world in your battery drain.