Battery Charger?

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
So I have been seeing these little battery powered chargers inside store shelves. Pretty much these devices are a small plastic housing with a little battery cover, and inside there is a slot for two AA batteries. My questions are as follow. What is the proper term for these devices? And do they actually give a charge to the battery of my droid? Or will it only keep it from draining the battery and instead use the AA battery supply? I travel into very rural areas and sometimes I am away fro,m an outlet for days. This would be very nice if these portable battery supplied charger things would fit my need.

Any thoughts fellas?

jbwiden

Reaction score
THe ones which take AA's will not provide much power I use a Tekkon mp1800 and it will charge the phone 1.5-2x and will work with almost any USB device (it includes many different tips). It actually just has a USB port that provides power thus is standard and you can use your USB data cable to charge your phone. To charge the battery in the mp1800 you need to connect it with a mini USB. Note you need a high current source to charge it. My laptop works fine or power cube (110 vac to 5 volt usb) from my Nano (ipod). They say you need to be able to provide 1 amp to charge it.

Tekkeon - Rechargeable battery, Mobile Power, TekCharge MP1550, TekCharge MP1800, reusable emergency battery, emergency power, myPower ALL, myPower for iPod, myPower GO, myCharger

Tekkeon - TekCharge MP1800, emergency power, emergency battery

Taegost

Reaction score
I travel into very rural areas and sometimes I am away fro,m an outlet for days.
Do you travel without a car?

I have a car charger, home charger, usb cable in my backpack, and an extended battery... I'm prepared fie everything, and I would hope the op gets a car charger :)

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

OP
R

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for the great feedback. I do not travel via car, I'm actually living all over america. I sleep in abandoned houses, on beaches, under bridges and in boxcars. Long story short I'm traveling the country by thumb and freight train. I live out of my backpack, and the only bill that I have is my phone bill. Sometimes I have to go two days or even three days without a charge. I go to and fro the countryside as I please, but the only problem is my lack of power. What I was thinking about doing was getting one of those AA battery chargers, then get one of those AA batter to micro usb chargers. I just wanted to know how others did without constant access to power. Oftentime I will be hitchhiking and the driver willhave a car charger and offers me a breif charge. I am going to invest in a car charger and I was trying to determine if there was a better option out there for me. I saw one of those AA battery to Micro Usb things on eba for 26 bucks. But if I could buy a dock that could charge up two or three batteries I would be set.