Poor battery life / long recharge times..?

android

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with severely short battery life paired with extremely long recharge times? My phone charges from 0% to 100% in about 6 hours (my Blackberry charged from 0%-100% in about an hour and a half). Once I unplugged it at 100%, woke up the next morning and the battery was at 40%. Killed all tasks before unplugging. I find it unusual that the battery would drain 60% overnight without any use.

Any ideas?

OP
A

android

Reaction score
Don't believe so. Used a TasKiller to close all programs, so unless they started themselves, they weren't running.

jaydee6385

Reaction score
Charging it by computer or wall charger?

I found my computer doesn't charge as fast as my wall charger.

Mine charged in about 30 mins

vonfink13

Reaction score
make sure wifi and bluetooth are both shut off...mine charges very quick on the wall charger..30 mins or so..

OP
A

android

Reaction score
Guess it's a bad battery. Tried both wall charger and computer charged and they are taking hours upon hours. I went back to my Verizon store today to ask for a replacement battery and they said since there have been no reports of bad batteries they can't just give me a new one. They said I could buy another one for $40.

Zippster

Reaction score
Guess it's a bad battery. Tried both wall charger and computer charged and they are taking hours upon hours. I went back to my Verizon store today to ask for a replacement battery and they said since there have been no reports of bad batteries they can't just give me a new one. They said I could buy another one for $40.

Then if your truely convinced the battery is bad, tell them the phone is screwed, give you a whole new one.

keiichi25

Reaction score

I recommend you do the following. Take the charger, phone and battery to the Verizon Wireless store and demonstrate it. Simply stating it won't help at times.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Mine is much better then the iphone of last week lol

I charged mine last night.... today I played with it for a couple of hours, wifi and bt on all day... it's still at 65% battery 14 hours later.

AcidBurn

Reaction score
Im actually having the same battery issues. I had a 100% charge and 3 hours later (it was on standby in my pocket virtually the whole time) the battery died.

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
If your phone is being charged, shut all its apps, and your computer's running programs. Check your signal, a weak signal can draw on the battery.

jessica

Reaction score
I'm also having the same problem. I thought one of the benefits of the droid was a long battery life? Mine takes forever to charge, and once it's at a 100% it dies down quickly. All i really do on the phone is text. I don't even get on the browser. Mine also died over night with no use. I don't know what to do. My voyager battery lasted wayyy longer. I could go days without charging my voyager and I would be OK.

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
well... until someone comes with a better battery, its the price we pay for a phone we want to do everything FAST. Many applications need to run in order to support the phone, and that takes power. The phone constantly sends and receives data to update and support its applications, this is why you have to take a data plan when purchasing the Droid.

I have seven apps running on my phone right now as it sits on the table.

amsprich

Reaction score
I noticed a similar issue. Mainly I think it takes an extremely long time to charge compared to other devices I've got. The battery does seem a little on the hot side when it's being charged and when using the GPS. It's hard to call the Battery life right now cause I've pretty much had it on since I got it. hahaha Seems pretty accurate though about 6-7hrs with heavy 3g & wifi use and with the back light at around 75%. I suspect once the newness wears off and I stop playing with it constantly I'll get a better feel for the battery life.