battery life issue

dlnp22

Reaction score
Pasting from another thread in a custom ROM forum, see below:

Hey man, if you plan on getting a new phone anyways, why don't you try this. I did this and it honestly brought my battery life from 6-10 hrs to over 24 hrs. I tried wiping battery stats, and even bringing the brightness down from 100 to automatic to 0 percent sometimes, but it didn't help much. I'm not sure if it's safe or not, so don't please don't balme me if anything bad happens :p
So what I did is: Once my phone said charged, I pulled out the battery while still connected to the charger. Then the phone rebooted and on the main screen it said "connect your charger". So I popped my battery back in, and it started charging again. It went from 20 to 40 to 60 percent charged in less the 5 seconds, but then it stayed there. It stayed at 60 percent and it started charging again. This time it actully took longer to charge, because before my phone would recharge in less than an hour. That was becasue my battery was never charing all the way, only to 60 percent but showing 100 on the screen.

Anyone have any further knowledge/info on the above situation? Is this is a viable solution? Curious about the technical aspect, before I try doing off the wall stuff ;)

AngryHatter

Reaction score
That is just the batteries level being recognized by the system.
If you use an high output battery the most it ever says is 60% charged because the system doesn't see the remainder of the battery.
Same sort of thing.
No empirical evidence that the charge life actually changes.

Mine lasts a day or two and always has, right out of the box.
6 hours is bad.

OP
D

dlnp22

Reaction score
hemi- how long did your charge last(after you did the above?) Keep us posted, day to day? How long were your full charges lasting you every day, prior?

AngryHatter- congrats on your 24-48 hours. You seem to me one of the lucky few. Mine has NEVER lasted more than 12-15 hours since I bought brand new. The rest of us have to figure something else out ;)

AngryHatter

Reaction score
hemi- how long did your charge last(after you did the above?) Keep us posted, day to day? How long were your full charges lasting you every day, prior?

AngryHatter- congrats on your 24-48 hours. You seem to me one of the lucky few. Mine has NEVER lasted more than 12-15 hours since I bought brand new. The rest of us have to figure something else out ;)

No, you just need to turn off polling every 15 minutes or auto sync.
It is NOT rocket science.
;)