Poor battery life / long recharge times..?

phamous

Reaction score
i can tell you right now this issue isn't because of the android platform. I suppose it's more or less an individual end user problem.

I've had my tmobile g1 since release, a year ago. Did a couple of tests , set it up at night, with a bunch of running apps in the background, it wasn't plugged in. Made sure wifi and bluetooth were on and i had a 3g connection as well.

didn't touch it until the morning, the battery dropped from 100 percent to 86 percent.

and that's with a stock g1 battery after a year's use.

and anyone that's had a g1 knows how terribly terrible that phone's battery life can be.
---
then again, i was also running a custom rom, that probably had a lot to do with the power savings

lumns

Reaction score
i havent had a battery problem as everyone else has had.

i thought my battery died quick but after turning off the wifi and minimizing the brightness the battery has last alot longer.

in terms of charging, i feel that my phone charges too quickly. (faster than my lg dare that is)

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I took my phone off the dock at 7am this morning and after playing with it a good part of the day using GoogleMaps/Nav, bluetooth, WiFi, texting and some widgets running (weather, stocks, etc) 10.5 hrs later I still have 40% battery left. I have no complaints about battery life.

Charging... this phone requires a high amperage charge. I have two other USB wall warts (one was a Motorola) and they are not putting out enough power to charge the battery on the Droid in a reasonable manner. Charging from the computer will be a slow process.

solo

Reaction score
poor battery life

The first day my battery lasted for a long time. Today my battery lasted all of three hours. This phone is going back on Monday.

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
Your habits and mind set will have to change until battery technology creates a better battery. When your home keep the phone on a charger, turn your apps off as much as possible, i would give the battery a month of usage before keeping it charged.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Plus don't forget it takes a brand new battery several charging cycles before it settles in.

It will get better...how much? I don't know, but it will improve : )

pkdesigns

Reaction score
run an app/task killer. i've got mine set to quit all apps except for messaging, email, and music everytime i hit the sleep button. works brilliantly now.

i got about 5 hours of charge out of it on friday when i bought the phone before it hit 20%, and now i've been using it all day for texting and browsing around the house (since around 11am until now being after 930pm) and i've still got a green battery meter.

benhebert

Reaction score
I think it varies right now due to how new everything is and the amount of different apps available.

Mine has been on and off but then again I have only been charging it through my PC and wondering why it was taking so GD long.

Will definitely have to purchase some more micro-usb cords to set up some more ways to charge this thing.

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
I decided i have to purchase a second battery and i order a Platform Battery Charger so i can charge a second battery while still using my phone.

A moderate to heavy Droid user relying on "batteries only" will need at least two batteries for a day use. Change Your Phone habits.

lumns

Reaction score
i'm gonna need to be a USB extention cord, the ones provided are sooo freakin short.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
my droid takess about 3 hours to get fully charged and
i can say the battery lasts longer than my tour considering that i have
been playing with the droid everytime

lumns

Reaction score
run an app/task killer. i've got mine set to quit all apps except for messaging, email, and music everytime i hit the sleep button. works brilliantly now.

i got about 5 hours of charge out of it on friday when i bought the phone before it hit 20%, and now i've been using it all day for texting and browsing around the house (since around 11am until now being after 930pm) and i've still got a green battery meter.

what app/task killer you running...i have advanced task killer and i dont get the sleep option you talked about

Anomander

Reaction score
I had my Droid charged 100% last night and woke up this morning and it was dead. Only thing I believe I had running was the wifi. What I found strange is my wife's droid was on all night and it also had the wifi on and it was still charged up pretty good. I am going to have to look and see if there are any setting differences between hers and mine.

I'm assuming autsyncing gmail to the phone will drain the battery faster? I'm loving this phone though.:)

pkdesigns

Reaction score

what app/task killer you running...i have advanced task killer and i dont get the sleep option you talked about

Automatic Task Killer is what I use, and it's the best imo.

peeyourownpants

Reaction score
Settings > About Phone > Battery Use continuously claims that ~60% of my battery usage is display. i have brightness set to the lowest setting and it still runs down before the end of the day. and the last 15% ran off while i was playing a flag football game for an hour without the gps, wireless, or bluetooth on.

are there any free apps for decreasing the lowest factory setting for the backlight?