POLL: The People's Launcher of Choice

Breezer23

Reaction score
Hopefully this hasn't been done and if so not to the extend that this poll should cover. I'm curious as of right now which Launcher are you all preferring.

Looks wise I enjoy ADW but for the pure speed and functionality I think LauncherPro is the only choice. I do think one of the two (or any) should have a theme repository much like Beautiful Widgets but that's for another day.

Anyway, on with the poll!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
If i was still running my Motorola Droid i would be using LauncherPro.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LauncherPro was perfect, but then Federico tried to make the app drawer faster, and now its still laggy as hell

kmarmet

Reaction score
LauncherPro was perfect, but then Federico tried to make the app drawer faster, and now its still laggy as hell
i dont know if ur referring to before the update today or after, but since the update mine has been running smooth, on 10, the fastest speed, and using the 3d drawer. fc everynow and then though.

LauncherPro, FTW

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OSX2000

Reaction score
LauncherPro FTW indeed. I use the 3D drawer on a speed of 6, and it never FCs on me. It's far and away the fastest launcher I've ever used...it blows ADW away, and Helix and all the rest are well behind that.

kmarmet

Reaction score
LauncherPro FTW indeed. I use the 3D drawer on a speed of 6, and it never FCs on me. It's far and away the fastest launcher I've ever used...it blows ADW away, and Helix and all the rest are well behind that.
i have tried them all. literally. sweeter home, crazy home, helix, adw. adw was my favorite so i wouldnt say it blows it away..they are similiar, but adw started to fc too much. its def. the smoothest

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score
Motorola Droid running stock launcher -> :motdroidvert:

Motorola Droid running LauncherPro -> dancedroid

LauncherPro is the winner.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dont know if ur referring to before the update today or after, but since the update mine has been running smooth, on 10, the fastest speed, and using the 3d drawer. fc everynow and then though.

LauncherPro, FTW

Just to make sure wee're on the same page, I'm talking about the scrolling speed/lag.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Never tried the "launchers". Started out with Openhome, too many FC's, then Home++ I like quite a bit but started getting too many FC's.

Have poured hours into Sweeterhome but worth it. I don't even have an app drawer anymore - I have a button from my home screen that launches a screen with my apps divided into 8 different categories, in most cases 8-12 apps in each. Swyping and scrolling isn't for me. A little more maintenance but I think funcitionally better, for me anyway.

If I used a launcher, I'd probably have a screen with shortcuts created from AppsOrganizer.

kmarmet

Reaction score
i dont know if ur referring to before the update today or after, but since the update mine has been running smooth, on 10, the fastest speed, and usin

Just to make sure wee're on the same page, I'm talking about the scrolling speed/lag.
right,. that was part of the change log was that the log on highest speed, 10, has been fixed