Launcher Opinions nGo Launcher EX and lockscreens

melissapugs

Reaction score
Tried Go Launcher EX and really like the ability to theme easily (even if it might be a rip off) over launcher pro. Heard ADW was unstable. Go Launcher Ex seems like a good deal so far, with minimal lag over others I tried.
HOWEVER, go launcher ex does not play well with Widget Locker for lockscreen customization - I think the lockscreen I'm trying to use is meant to run with ADW. For example, none of my go launcher ex theme icons show up in the options for the custom sliders on the widget locker. I would manually move the icons myself, but I can't find any documentation on how go launcher ex's files are organized - might not even be possible to crack open the themes to get the icons. Also, Widget locker uses ADWNotifier for updating on the lockscreen for missed calls, emails...well, you get the picture.
1. Anybody get these apps to play together?
2. Another lockscreen app that will work with Go Launcher EX?
3. For hoots, convert me to another launcher app. I would like speed, ease of customization for icons, working with fancy widgets, and updates for calls and emails on the lockscreen.
Thanks, melissa

tofasttafuri

Reaction score
Tried Go Launcher EX and really like the ability to theme easily (even if it might be a rip off) over launcher pro. Heard ADW was unstable. Go Launcher Ex seems like a good deal so far, with minimal lag over others I tried.
HOWEVER, go launcher ex does not play well with Widget Locker for lockscreen customization - I think the lockscreen I'm trying to use is meant to run with ADW. For example, none of my go launcher ex theme icons show up in the options for the custom sliders on the widget locker. I would manually move the icons myself, but I can't find any documentation on how go launcher ex's files are organized - might not even be possible to crack open the themes to get the icons. Also, Widget locker uses ADWNotifier for updating on the lockscreen for missed calls, emails...well, you get the picture.
1. Anybody get these apps to play together?
2. Another lockscreen app that will work with Go Launcher EX?
3. For hoots, convert me to another launcher app. I would like speed, ease of customization for icons, working with fancy widgets, and updates for calls and emails on the lockscreen.
Thanks, melissa
No lockscreen app is specifically made for any launcher. The themes for Go Launcher are made specifically for that launcher so they will not be usable in WidgetLocker which uses the system icons.

Jazibel

Reaction score
Try Message Center Plus. (Available on Android Market) I have it set on my lockscreen as Icons and shows me the number count for SmS, Calls etc. It will also show you the person and number or text of who was trying to contact you. very easy to use and I haven't had any problems with it. Been using it for 2 yrs now:)