Police Scanner?

zegwin

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of a police scanner app. I have checked androlib and all I have seen are apps to show common police hiding spots (you got to love American integrity). I just like to know what is going on in the area.

Zippster

Reaction score
Streamfurious has several police scanner channels, I know it has NYPD and Las Vegas as well as a couple others.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I picked up PoliceStream in the Market a while ago. It does the job well, I wish it had a favorites feature though for quick access to my city.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Our local LEO's are encrypted :(

Serialkilla

Reaction score
These guys had an app for iphone,and I think Blackberry as well, not sure if they have anything for Android, but it doesn't hurt to check it out. Mods, sorry if this is breaking the rules as far as links, I don't think it does tho...
Juicy Development

coondogg97

Reaction score
These guys had an app for iphone,and I think Blackberry as well, not sure if they have anything for Android, but it doesn't hurt to check it out. Mods, sorry if this is breaking the rules as far as links, I don't think it does tho...
Juicy Development

Great app, I have used it on my iPod Touch for a while. Unfortunately they don't have anything available on Android. But I did a test and launched this app on my Touch and PoliceStream on my Droid and the feeds were identical. So the outcome is the same either way, the Juicy app for the iPod is much cleaner looking though.

noordzy77

Reaction score
My local feeds are in the list on Policestream, but I have yet to see them online....always off

coondogg97

Reaction score
My local feeds are in the list on Policestream, but I have yet to see them online....always off

There was an update today, did that help at all? I have noticed a few cities were offline, fortunately mine has always been on (Philadelphia).

noordzy77

Reaction score
nope...didn't help..... glad it was only $.99 since I would feel ripped off if I payed 5 dollars for the thing

BoroJEEPer

Reaction score
www.radioreference.com

www.radioreference.com
click "live audio", then "live scanners". CLICK "CANCEL" EVERYTIME WHEN THE WINDOW POPS U TELLING YOU YOU NEED FLASH PLAYER, IF YOU CLICK "OK" IT WILL FREEZE YOU BROWSER. (at least until the flash player comes out):icon_ banana: From the pulldowns on the left click the state you want, then it will give you a list of what is available. I was able to click the "itunes" file on the right then click on the listen speaker on the left. Once it downloads click on the file. My droid opened the file in "droidlive", I have the free one so saving it as a bookmark is not an option, but it will be in the history list for a while.:)

Last edited:
B

benwiggin2

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
click "live audio", then "live scanners". CLICK "CANCEL" EVERYTIME WHEN THE WINDOW POPS U TELLING YOU YOU NEED FLASH PLAYER, IF YOU CLICK "OK" IT WILL FREEZE YOU BROWSER. (at least until the flash player comes out):icon_ banana: From the pulldowns on the left click the state you want, then it will give you a list of what is available. I was able to click the "itunes" file on the right then click on the listen speaker on the left. Once it downloads click on the file. My droid opened the file in "droidlive", I have the free one so saving it as a bookmark is not an option, but it will be in the history list for a while.:)

Sooo cool! Thanks for the "how to". Can't believe this works on my droid! Simply amazing.

v188

Reaction score
Boro,

I did exactly as you listed and loaded the free player, but it just keeps showing up as invalid url. I can listen on my computer, but not on the Droid. Any thoughts?

Blaster

Reaction score
I picked up PoliceStream in the Market a while ago. It does the job well, I wish it had a favorites feature though for quick access to my city.
Yea the philly one works for me but the Delco one seems to be down...

A

apeshitninja

Trapster is a user-based cop/camera finder app... you report where you see speedtraps and cams, and see where others reported them. It's fairly useful and alerts you when you're coming up to a possible trap, but since it's user based you only see what other Trapster users report and some of the speedtraps are days old... hence probably invalid.

It's not perfect, but kinda neat.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It worked. Good instructions. Selecting the itunes and then the speaker on the left gave me droidlivelite and I hear what's going on in my area. Thanks.