Police Scanner?

GuiltySparc

Reaction score
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
click "live audio", then "live scanners". CLICK "CANCEL" EVERYTIME WHEN THE WINDOW POPS U TELLING YOU YOU NEED FLASH PLAYER, IF YOU CLICK "OK" IT WILL FREEZE YOU BROWSER. (at least until the flash player comes out):icon_ banana: From the pulldowns on the left click the state you want, then it will give you a list of what is available. I was able to click the "itunes" file on the right then click on the listen speaker on the left. Once it downloads click on the file. My droid opened the file in "droidlive", I have the free one so saving it as a bookmark is not an option, but it will be in the history list for a while.:)

Nice! Are these the ones available on to the droid app also?

v188

Reaction score
Nice! Are these the ones available on to the droid app also?

There may be some overlap, but the the RadioReference has everything I want, and the paid app doesn't have anything I want. Others may differ, of course. I would like to get the Radio reference to work on my droid, but all I get is something about bad url using the free droidlive version.

I'd much rather get RadioReference to work. Anyone, what's wrong, that it can't find the url? I've followed the above instructions to the T.

BTW Merry Christmas!!!

bbtkd

Reaction score
I like PoliceStream and would like to point out that a vast majority of the complaints about it are really complaints about the feeds themselves, which the PoliceStream author has no control of. The feeds come from RadioReference, and possibly other feed sites. If a feed has audio problems or if a feed is lacking in a specific location, then it is the same on RadioReference. Even RadioReference has no control of the feeds (unless one of a handful run by them). I am a feed provider to RadioReference and like having the convenience of an app. I just wish it it had widgets which could be set up for a specific feed.

Regarding using the web to go to RadioReference directly, you would not be able to bookmark a specific feed because after the next logging interval, the filename changes and the link won't work. You would need to set up a link to the county page, and then select the link each time. This is a PITA that an app like PoliceStream avoids.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I like PoliceStream and would like to point out that a vast majority of the complaints about it are really complaints about the feeds themselves, which the PoliceStream author has no control of. The feeds come from RadioReference, and possibly other feed sites. If a feed has audio problems or if a feed is lacking in a specific location, then it is the same on RadioReference. Even RadioReference has no control of the feeds (unless one of a handful run by them). I am a feed provider to RadioReference and like having the convenience of an app. I just wish it it had widgets which could be set up for a specific feed.

Regarding using the web to go to RadioReference directly, you would not be able to bookmark a specific feed because after the next logging interval, the filename changes and the link won't work. You would need to set up a link to the county page, and then select the link each time. This is a PITA that an app like PoliceStream avoids.

I have said a number of times that this app is great, the only thing I wish it had was an ability to save favorite places like the iPod Touch can.

bbtkd

Reaction score

I have said a number of times that this app is great, the only thing I wish it had was an ability to save favorite places like the iPod Touch can.

It does, sort of. You find the one you are interested in, use a long touch, and in the popup select move to top. Then when you go into it, your favorites appear at the top. This isn't the best implementation though. Once when they updated it, my favorite showed another county and to rectify it I had to deinstall and reinstall. If you meant the ability to have a widget shortcut to a specific feed, I agree - that would be great.