PLEASE READ: Do NOT worry about Apps running in the Background

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiredout46

Reaction score
anybody come up with a reason/solution as to why random apps start themselves?

romangreen23

Reaction score
Awesome post/thread! I will probably rest easier now... and use Advanced Task Killer a lot less. And if I do, I'll probably just terminate the random apps I pull up like comics, FML, Weather, NBA game time, etc. I think I'll no longer have issues with Corporate Calendar, Alarm Clock, etc. running in the background.

good ol' Linux

kryfon

Reaction score
Bill, I agree totally with how things "should be". But the fact is many things do not work well right out of the box, and only get perfected when they are used, and even thrashed, in the "real world".

This forum is a perfect example of user feedback improving the device. I am a new member, but I have watched this site for a while now, and several issues posted on here have gotten fixed, either with apps from all the busy devs out there, or by Moto, or Google. Welcome to the process. ;)

souljerr

Reaction score
Bill, I agree totally with how things "should be". But the fact is many things do not work well right out of the box, and only get perfected when they are used, and even thrashed, in the "real world".

This forum is a perfect example of user feedback improving the device. I am a new member, but I have watched this site for a while now, and several issues posted on here have gotten fixed, either with apps from all the busy devs out there, or by Moto, or Google. Welcome to the process. ;)

Very insightful first post! Welcome to the group.

kryfon

Reaction score

Very insightful first post! Welcome to the group.

Thanks Souljerr. There is a wealth of good info on this forum, I have been reading it for a long while now. About time I got off my lazy butt and joined. lol

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
I see that it doesn't affect the system running apps however when I stopped using ATK my battery life was horrible! After a full nights charge it would be dead by 2, now using ATK I get at least a full days use...

jimnutt

Reaction score
I see that it doesn't affect the system running apps however when I stopped using ATK my battery life was horrible! After a full nights charge it would be dead by 2, now using ATK I get at least a full days use...

Sounds like something you're running is using the GPS or doing a lot of background data access. Turn off ATK and let the phone run for a day. Then go to "settings", "about phone", "battery usage" and you should be able to see what is eating your battery.

lyme

Reaction score
What is ATK?

Does this mean that running the whether channel app won't drain my battery?

Is about one day of battery life normal?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What is ATK?

Does this mean that running the whether channel app won't drain my battery?

Is about one day of battery life normal?

ATK = Advanced Task Killer

i run the weather channel app and i get about a day and a half out of my battery before it needs to be charged.

you should have no problems getting a good 24 hours out of your phone with mid to heavy use.

imiller913

Reaction score
I know we don't NEED ATK but my droid seems to be a little quicker then with out it, maybe its just me?

Sparty83

Reaction score
My first post

I've read with great interest through this entire thread and am quite glad I did. Thanks to all for the great insight on this great phone. I've only had my Droid about a week and started getting paranoid about stuff running in the background, but after reading this I will quit worrying about it so much. Many thanks for the great information here, it's a world of help for those of us new to the Android world. :motdroidhoriz:

trainryche

Reaction score
i dont buy it...

Battery lasts less than a day without killing apps, over a day and a half when killing. Killing takes a sec and no app on my phone ever takes more than 2 seconds to run. Delay lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.