Shutting down apps

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was comparing phones with a friend, an iPhone friend, and I was showing the task killer and how the available memory rises as I kill apps that are running in the background (if that's what's really happening). He mentioned that the iPhone doesn't do that, when you exit out of an app, it's done and it's not running anywhere. Is this true?

Also, is there a setting that allows our memory to remain freed up when we exit out of an app? Why do we need them running all the time?

dylanthecat

Reaction score
The iphone does shut down apps. The beauty of the droid is that it does not shut them down. Don't bother with the app killer. Let the operating system do it's job. There is a sticky in this forum with a lot of info about killing apps.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
App killers not needed on Android OS....

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm PC thinking too much. "More RAM the better".

I like speed when it comes to working on something (PC, phone, etc) and always want the most efficiency.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I guess I'm PC thinking too much. "More RAM the better".

I like speed when it comes to working on something (PC, phone, etc) and always want the most efficiency.

You're in luck, you bought a Droid and it comes with all that.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
The iPhone kills the tasks because it can only run one app at a time. It doesn't multi-task. Droid Does. :)