Please help

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
My friends friend tried to root his phone and he put it back to 2.0.1 from 2.1 but it's not rooted or was rooted but lost superuser. so we applied spr recovery and that went well. than applied the 2.1 rooted file but went into a reboot cycle so than we installed 2.0.1 stock as update.zip and goes into boot animation than freezes. how do we recover his phone and make it how it was than reroot the phone. thank you

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved you to where the help is....

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My friends friend tried to root his phone and he put it back to 2.0.1 from 2.1 but it's not rooted or was rooted but lost superuser. so we applied spr recovery and that went well. than applied the 2.1 rooted file but went into a reboot cycle so than we installed 2.0.1 stock as update.zip and goes into boot animation than freezes. how do we recover his phone and make it how it was than reroot the phone. thank you

It looks like your friend of a friend has RSD Lite working correctly because your friend of a friend is flashing all these various files.

It sounds like your friend of a friend still wants to root their phone. Can you ask your friend to ask his friend which rom he wants on his phone?

If the phone is not booting up there is a good chance your friend of a friend's phone has a low battery and your friend of a friend should put it on the wall charger until it will boot up.

To get back to stock:

Use RSD Lite flash the stock 2.01 sbf file

Then use RSD lite to flash the SPRecovery sbf file before the phone updates to android 2.2 (if it does that's ok, your friend's friend still can flash sprecovery at that point)

Next you want to tell your friend to tell his friend to to make a backup of his phone via SPRecovery's Advanced Nandroid backup feature.

And finally, your friend's friend can flash the rom he wants.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Been a long day, I'm getting punchy.

One of 2 things is occurring. The battery is low, or something went wrong with the flash to the rom. I'd recommend the first link in my signature and follow those steps if the phone will boot. Use the Froyo rom. Wipe cache/data a couple of times before applying the rom. No wipe of data/cache and funky things happen when moving from one rom type to another.

OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
the friend of the friend is the one that screwed it up. i helped him flash sprecovery and that works great. now we tried 2.1 root by update.zip and it went into a boot animation recycle. His friend put him back to 2.0.1 unroot/root (basically its like a jacked up ruined 2.0.1) when my friend was at 2.1+1 unroot. So we flashed stock 2.0.1 again but then after that after the boot animation ends it freezes so we have to do a battery pull

OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
thanx guys. i got it working back to bone stock so now i can help him root his phone the right way!! thanx :icon_ banana: