2.0.1 and i want to be 2.2

as30young

Reaction score
I went back to stock using rsd lite/.sbf. I've tried using a few different 2.2 update files and its failed (I also tried 2.1). Can I go from 2.0.1 to 2.2? Or do I need 2.1 first? Not sure what I'm doing wrong...it says update.zip not .zip.zip or should I name it just update (when I try to do this it says I'm changing the way it reads...so I didnt). Its saved on the root of sdcard, turned it off. Rebooted into recovery ran update.zip and it gives an error, went ahead and reboot...nothing. I've tried several times. Can you direct me on where I can find help with this? Also in astro I can still see superuser..why is that? My goal is to be 2.2 rrooted. Thanks!! Any advice will help!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
What computer system are you on?? It sounds like the file is named "update.zip.zip" even though you do not see it. Most of the computers now (Windows 7, Vista and XP) automatically put the .zip extension on for you. So try to rename the file just "update", put it on the root of your sd card, go into recovery and try to install. I think that it will. Let me know of your progress or if you need more help.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes just try changing it to update..... by naming it update.zip it may have the extention hidden and thus the actual file name may be update.zip.zip

...don't worry about the changing how it reads prompt

OP
A

as30young

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Thank You!! I had my phone really screwed up and with the notes and help I got on this site I now have my phone exactly the way I want it!! So proud of myself ..hehe!!