Downgrade 2.2 to 2.1 (Moto Droid)

SEGA

Reaction score
Can someone make a 'How To guide' on how to DownGrade 2.2 to 2.1 on moto droid?

I read this thread, it it describes 2.1 to 2.0.1 and I hate RSD Lite, I have seen many people ed up with nothing but paper weights after they used it, came close with a Moto Razr back in the day.. I also do not want to root my phone.

But something tells me there will be no other way to go from 2.2 back to 2.1 without RSD Lite.... (if someone finds a way, please let me know)

Regardless can we get an update How To Guide for 2.2 to 2.1?

Last weeks 45.2mb 2.2 update made my Droid buggy as heck and I want to try the New update 76.9mb just released

OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score
hmm....

Put the new update on SDcard, named it 'Update'

Turned off phone, then turned phone On while holding down X on Keyboard

Caution icon popped on screen, I held down Volume Up and Camera Button at the same time.

It showed update.zip, used keyboard directional pad to navigate to install update

It started the update and said it was completed after about 1 to 2 minutes..

Kinda sucks because I can't tell if it really did reinstall the update, because it still says 2.2 under phone info....

But I can say after turning it on, my Droid started right up, and the menus move quicker, have to install some apps to give it a good test.

Last edited:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Who do you know that have nothing but paperweights after RSD?

There isn't but 3-4 confirmed bricked droids! I use RSD all the time and it is touchy, but if you follow the instructions it works fine.

As long as you don't rip the usb cable out of the pc or droid while RSD is transfering data. It's pretty hard to brick!

OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score
Who do you know that have nothing but paperweights after RSD?

There isn't but 3-4 confirmed bricked droids! I use RSD all the time and it is touchy, but if you follow the instructions it works fine.

As long as you don't rip the usb cable out of the pc or droid while RSD is transfering data. It's pretty hard to brick!

I was talking about the Razr days.

And anything can happen, like a power outage, my Droid has been resetting on it's own the past few days, PC can decide to reboot itself.

Last edited:

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i would think that would be the only way to downgrade and after you get sbr on your phone then you can apply the 2.0.1 update.zip in that tutorial and your phone wont have sbr any more and your free to apply the 2.2 update and know you did it