Please help with GB problem

cc16177

Reaction score
Well 5 more SBF's and countless factory resets and cache wipes later.....STILL NO LUCK!!! Even tried maderstck340.zip and that didn't work either. I give up!!! I'm ready to break this thing and pay the insurance fee and start with a fresh phone. I cannot believe that this is so broke that even sbf'ing will not fix it. I wish someone knew what was going on. I appreciate the thoughts so far.

If no one else is going to say it, I will. You are talking about committing insurance fraud, which is the very reason why rooting, as we know it, may cease to exist soon. These manufacturers are locking their phones down more than we've ever known because of people like you. When you root your phone, and the phone becomes unusable (for whatever the reason), you should man up and buy a new one. It's not Verizon's or Motorola's fault that you installed your leaked un-approved software on their hardware and can't get it back to your likings. When I chose to root my phone, I thought about whether I really wanted to buy another one if I f'ed it up and I felt it was worth it. Apparently you thought "I'll just commit insurance fraud if I eff it up." So I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh, but I'm tired of reading "help, help, help, I f'ed up my phone....oh you don't have the answer? I'll just commit insurance fraud and everyone wins *wink wink*." The fact is, everyone loses....because of you. The moment you rooted, that phone became your problem. Deal with it like a man.

Breaking his phone and filing an insurance claim has less than nothing to do with why manufacturers are cracking down on rooting. MAYBE if he was talking about filing a warranty claim I would somewhat agree with you but as it stands I completely disagree.

rruready

Reaction score
I did indeed think it was a warranty claim that he was talking about. If it's truly an insurance claim though, why would he need to break it first?
Breaking his phone and filing an insurance claim has less than nothing to do with why manufacturers are cracking down on rooting. MAYBE if he was talking about filing a warranty claim I would somewhat agree with you but as it stands I completely disagree.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rruready

Reaction score
You know come to think of it, be it insurance fraud or warranty fraud, I still don't agree with it. It still costs us all money when people do this. Who knows how much insurance would cost if people took responsibility for what THEY DID. You can argue that insurance is for accidents caused by you or not, but if he truly felt that his insurance SHOULD cover this, he wouldn't feel the need to "break" it first before the claim. You can agree or disagree all you want, but it's a fact that insurance costs go up based on the amount of claims that are processed. I stand by what I said.
I did indeed think it was a warranty claim that he was talking about. If it's truly an insurance claim though, why would he need to break it first?

rruready

Reaction score
think these last few comments deserve their own post, when I read " I'm ready to break this thing and pay the insurance fee and start with a fresh phone" I took it as sarcism just because he is irritated, after all were only talking about a battery increment issue.

Anyway try what XDRDX posted with the system only sbf.

This has me a bit stumped, and I would like to find out what the issue is.

Did you re-download the your GB .ZIP files to see if they were the issue? after you sbf does the framework-res-apk look normal?

If it was sarcasm, I apologize. Otherwise, if it was only about a "battery increment issue" and insurance fraud was the answer.....that is what provoked my rant. Either way, it is what it is. Continue helping him please, if anything, to keep insurance costs down :p

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
If you are having trouble and full sbf fails try the system only it has saved my DX a few times.

Also things like your framework can get stuck in cache but that is odd. The images come from the framework-res.apk, which would have been replaced if you had done a SBF.

You could try clearing the davlik cache from clockwork recovery in the advanced menu.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought too that the sbf would have replaced the framework and all would have been good but that didn't happen. I still had bits of the darkslide rom in there after the sbf, factory resets and cache wipes (both factory recovery and in CW) on stock 2.2.34.

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Well 5 more SBF's and countless factory resets and cache wipes later.....STILL NO LUCK!!! Even tried maderstck340.zip and that didn't work either. I give up!!! I'm ready to break this thing and pay the insurance fee and start with a fresh phone. I cannot believe that this is so broke that even sbf'ing will not fix it. I wish someone knew what was going on. I appreciate the thoughts so far.

If no one else is going to say it, I will. You are talking about committing insurance fraud, which is the very reason why rooting, as we know it, may cease to exist soon. These manufacturers are locking their phones down more than we've ever known because of people like you. When you root your phone, and the phone becomes unusable (for whatever the reason), you should man up and buy a new one. It's not Verizon's or Motorola's fault that you installed your leaked un-approved software on their hardware and can't get it back to your likings. When I chose to root my phone, I thought about whether I really wanted to buy another one if I f'ed it up and I felt it was worth it. Apparently you thought "I'll just commit insurance fraud if I eff it up." So I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh, but I'm tired of reading "help, help, help, I f'ed up my phone....oh you don't have the answer? I'll just commit insurance fraud and everyone wins *wink wink*." The fact is, everyone loses....because of you. The moment you rooted, that phone became your problem. Deal with it like a man.

Well that was kinda rude and unwarranted from someone with no knowledge of who I am or what I think. If I don't have the freedom to say what I want when frustrated then I guess no one should ever speak in this country again and we should all just be puppets!! I was aggrevated and at wits end with trying to find a fix for something I did (which if you recall I said point blank in the op) and i said what I did out of that frustration. That has nothing to do with the locked bootloader anyway. If you really feel that way, then you may want to make a post to all the other people in the world that ACTUALLY do these things and tell them to quit so it saves you money. I am not that type of person and admitted in my opening post it was something I did.

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
think these last few comments deserve their own post, when I read " I'm ready to break this thing and pay the insurance fee and start with a fresh phone" I took it as sarcism just because he is irritated, after all were only talking about a battery increment issue.

Anyway try what XDRDX posted with the system only sbf.

This has me a bit stumped, and I would like to find out what the issue is.

Did you re-download the your GB .ZIP files to see if they were the issue? after you sbf does the framework-res-apk look normal?

I haven't found a system only sbf yet. That is something I have not tried. I flashed back to as stock as I could get and just went back to Darkslide 4.2 for now. I was going to try again tonight (when the storms roll in here in the windy city) and go to MDW and get the files from another mirror and redo it. I love GB and want to stay on it but not if it's going to effect the phone going back to stock for the official OTA or anything like that.

And no after the sbf and factory resets it still shows some of the darkslide batter icons in the framework. Right after I sbf'd i got ninjamorph dl'ed first then rooted and went in and checked.

Last edited:
OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
To be completely honest no I haven't even tried that. I found the system only but after the uncalled for rant and bashing asking for help by some people, I decided not to attempt anymore with the GB leak. I flashed back to DS then decided to try Liberty 2.0.1. I didn't feel like listening to people blame me for their prices going up cause I did something wrong. I know that is a stupid reason to give up on it but I felt it was better than having an internet word war with someone that doesn't know me. I truely appreiciate all the help that was extended my way though.