Ninjamorph/Metamorph on GB.....any luck yet?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I gotta say first off that I am loving GB!! Thanks again to P3 and TBH for getting it out for us to enjoy.

That said, I am trying to get a few meters morphed to make it look even better to me. I can get the battery meter to change but 3G symbol will not change no matter how I try. I am one that like to change the look and feel of my phone almost daily and I can't figure this out. Is this leak not fully compatable with for these changes to work? I've tried both metamorph and ninjamorph with no luck at all. I never had this problem before so I'm unsure how to find a way to get it to change. Attached is the meter I wanna use so if anyone has any ideas please let me know what you did to change it or what to try. Thanks in advance!!​

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The 3G sysbols are located in SystemUI.apk, and you seem to be trying to metamorph your images into the framework-res....

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
The 3G sysbols are located in SystemUI.apk, and you seem to be trying to metamorph your images into the framework-res....

That's where i've always put them and it's worked before. I don't even know where to look for that SystemUI folder to change them. If you go into Ninjamorph and select system/framework/framework.res/res/drawable.hdpi....scroll down and you will see the images for each different png in the ROM. This is where i swap them out. When I look in that folder, they are changed to the image i have posted here but not on the actual homescreen. It's strange.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SystemUI.apk is in the app folder... so, system/app

Try this template...add your 3G symbols (replace the ones I have in there now with your images)

the systemui.apk MMs usually cause FC's, jut let it FC a few times, and if it doesn't auto reboot, pull the battery and it should all be applied...

Last edited:
OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Ok I'm trying that right now and I'll report back in a few.

Update: Ok so far so good. Can you tell me why I had to change it there instead of just the actual metamorph changing it?

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok I'm trying that right now and I'll report back in a few.

Update: Ok so far so good. Can you tell me why I had to change it there instead of just the actual metamorph changing it?
Not sure what your question is??... are you asking why they added a SystemUI.apk into the OS in Gingerbread??...

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
No my question is why it changed where you have to change the image. In 2.2 it was changed in the framework-res file.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No my question is why it changed where you have to change the image. In 2.2 it was changed in the framework-res file.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

It was always a png .....just that now the image is the shade bg in that apk whereas it was the status bar background in the framework in froyo