Trying to get to Rooted GB....

joamon

Reaction score
So I am currently running Rooted Froyo (2.2, 340) with the Darkslide 4.2 Rom installed. I finally made the decision to get onto rooted GB. And yes I am using the Droid 2 bootstrap and NOT the Droid X bootstrap for all of this.

I have 2 separate issues depending on the method with which I attempt to get to rooted GB 596.

1) If I try the TBH 2 part load.... I was able to find the files and get them on my phone. I made sure that I was running ROOTED Froyo 2.2 and booted into recovery to install the part1 zip and then the part 2 zip. However, when I attempt to install the part 1 the install fails. I get the following error:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/AccopuntAndSyncSettings.apk", "504e6ba37cdafbfa0c4e4abcc33c85823feb49b2", "e4460022c15f112cdfeed63856bcc24632fcfbe5")
E:Error in /sdcard/Blur_Version.2.3.340.mB810.Verizon.en.US-Part1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I have no clue what the issue is. I'm hoping someone can point something out that I am doing wrong. Maybe I missed a step but I keep reading and rereading the various How-to's and I can't come up with anything. I've redownloaded the part1 and part2 zips about 10 times to see if it is a bad file and that doesn't fix it either.

2) If I try to use Gingerbreak v1.2....I unroot Froyo and download the OTA 2.3 update. The problem is that when the phone reboots to download the OTA update, the update is interupted and the phone boots into Clockwork Recovery. In fact everytime the phone boots up, it boots into Clockwork Recovery. I tried searching this issue but I couldn't find anything. How do I stop that from happening when I unroot the phone?

I took the cheap way out and did the z4root. I did it the manual way before but after having to return the phone and get a new one (not refurb) I just did the z4root instead to save time.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

OP
J

joamon

Reaction score
I guess I didn't realized I needed to be COMPLETELY stock except to root with z4root.

I'll have to give the boot CD a try since I haven't had any luck getting RSD Lite to recognize my phone on my Win7 64 bit laptop.

Thanks for the help and I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
J

joamon

Reaction score
I downloaded the iso file and burned it to a disc, but my computer doesn't seem to want to boot from the disc. I have the boot order changed on my computer to boot from the CD first, but it doesn't ever boot from the disc. The system rolls right over it and boots up normally.

I've downloaded the iso file 6 times and tried burning each one to disc thinking maybe it is the file but that doesn't seem to be it either.

Anyone have any ideas? I must be doing something wrong.

Reaction score
Did you check the "make a bootable CD" checky in whatever CD burning software you're using? If you don't do that, it won't recognize as a bootable CD.

OP
J

joamon

Reaction score
Ahhh, that's it. I'll give that a try this afternoon and see if it works. Thanks again!