Please help screen black :o(

shedroid

Reaction score
Sent a text, powered down phone to charge it up.

Turned on phone .. screen is black, I can't see anything.

I can hear sound, and buttons on bottom light up. That is it.

I restarted, it is fully charged, I haven't updated in last few days ..no new apps :(

help

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
Nothing works, black screen :eek:( Thunderbolts curse me

Update-I have taken out the battery I can turn phone on and even off (I remember where the power off is on screen)

The lights still show at the bottom, the home/menu/back/search light up.

I hear the thunder sound when I power up, then I hear all 800 messages and emails coming through.

Screen is still black. I did not drop the phone, I didn't get it wet, I didn't install any goofy apps, actually haven't installed anything in awhile. I haven't done anything to it.

It was working just fine, as I said I sent a text then decided to turn it off. After that I plugged it in to charge and when I turned it on a few hours later .. black screen.

1st TB I had replaced because it would power down on it's own 13+ times a day

2nd I dropped TB and cracked screen, so I had it replaced but it was done so badly that there was a huge gap between screen and phone, and you could see weird lines on screen when the screen was off. I wrote emails, I made calls, I became a pest until finally that was fixed.

3rd TB now sits next to me with a black screen.

I take care of elderly parent and have my own child and live in the middle of NOWHERE this is the wrong phone to get in my situation .. Verizon makes me sad :(

Not to mention I don't have insurance on this phone, when I ordered it over the phone and I asked for insurance I know that for a fact even have notes from call. I was told though when I called about screen that I do not have insurance, someone here said I should ask they pull the call. I asked that and got the run around. Literally, I was transferred around for an hour and got nowhere. I even wrote emails and letters. Nothing.

So I am left with no insurance for this thing and a black screen.

Is it too much to hope and pray that if I just leave it to charge when I go to turn it on, it will be fixed??

No it is not rooted either .. :( this sucks

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
Fixed

Got screen working, see new thread on phone overheating to follow progress, or lack thereof!

meester

Reaction score
Whoa! black screen corrected? Where's that thread? (mine just went black)

Got screen working, see new thread on phone overheating to follow progress, or lack thereof!

Looks like you just had this problem. Fingers crossed here.

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
Looks like you just had this problem. Fingers crossed here.

I guess it starting to work was a fluke.

Same problem ... black screen, when I power up phone I hear notifications .. phone apparently works but the screen doesn't.

I am looking for some way to have text forwarded to another phone, or my laptop. I don't have money to repair my phone right now and of course don't have insurance.

this just sucks

unnatibose

Reaction score
Screen gone hay wire

Hi. I'm using a sony ericsson xperia mini pro sk17i.
I was using my cll last night and it was charged to 100%. And then all of a sudden, in the middle of the applications I was using, The phone stopped responding and after a few seconds went purple and finally blank. I do not hear any sounds, nothing. I have tried restartiing the phone and removing the battery several times.
I've already got the screen replaced once but back then the phone was in its warranty period. the expenses to get the screen renewed are high and i really need to find a solution to the problem asap. please help.