Black Screen fix?

Irishgrl2000

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for almost a year. It has frozen up on occassion and I have been able to restart the phone with the power button. Today, it completely froze up and I could not get it turned off. I had to take out the battery. It was not fully charged, but was at least half charged. I put the battery back in and powered the phone back up. The phone came on as the backlight came on and the icons on the bottom lit up, but the screen stayed black and there was no motorola icon or sound. The vibrate works and I can unlock the phone from the screen, just can't see it. I can control the volume of the phone and my keypad lights up when I open the screen up. I called Verizon and they didn't attempt to help me troubleshoot it, just wanted to send me a new phone....which they are doing. In the meantime, I thought I would do some searching and see if this could be fixed. I have taken the battery out numerous times....charged the phone...tried to reset it with the power button and X button, but nothing works. Does anyone have any other ideas? How can a screen fry from taking out a battery? The phone wasn't dropped, I just removed the battery. Any help would be great! Thanks!

FUBARED

Reaction score
Black screen

Try doing a software update. My screen was blacking out and i managed to update the software and that cured it.