Nothing on my screen!

slnewsome18

Reaction score
I have the Droid Pro. Ive never had this to happen. The phone will turn on. I can see the Moto logo and it boots up but I can see nothing else. I can hear the Droid welcome but I dont see the Droid eye or anything else. The screen is black but lit up. The keypad lights up and I can hear notifications coming through. I just cant see anything on the screen. It has never been dropped or had any damage to it at all. Ive tried everything...r+m+power, x+power, volume +camera key+ power, taking battery out, plugging to wall charger with and with out the battery and sdcard, home+power, etc...I never see the triangle, android bot, or anything. I can unlock the screen and turn the volume up and down...which i did because i was getting irate everything i could hear a notification but couldnt see it...lol...please help!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the digitizer has failed. Nothing short if replacing the screen or the phone will fix this. :(

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
S

slnewsome18

Reaction score
Is there any way to get my info off of it via the computer and is there any way to know for sure before I buy another phone, as I'm not due for an upgrade.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
After it boots all the way up you can hook it to your computer and still back-up your files.

OP
S

slnewsome18

Reaction score
ok...i dont mean to sound stupid nor insult your expertise but if that we're the problem would i still be able to see the red moto logo?

OP
S

slnewsome18

Reaction score
Ok...after being on the phone for hours with Verizon and Motorola...Ive been told that I would have to take my phone into Verizon retailer and they will have to flash it. What does this mean and can I do it myself? Ive read about this in many different forums, however every link that I have tried is corrupt or missing. So, if possible I need the link(s) for the needed downloads and the instructions on how to do it as I am not tech savvy. Thanks for any help.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want a video walk-through, go to youtube and type in Droid SBF. You'll need the latest version of RSD Lite, the program mentioned that actually re-installs the operating interface, the MotoHelper Drivers from the Motorola site that lets your computer connect with your phone, and the SBF file for your phone. The videos you will see go through it step-by-step for the most part, but generally don't mention the SBF file itself, which you can do a google search for or check the Droid Pro forum on here. It's pretty easy to do yourself.