Please help me decide :( which droid?

idulfingz

Reaction score
different every week, you would have to ask
I am in a very strange situation, i dropped my moto droid and had to get a second line to upgrade to a droid x, this will arrive tue. I was complaining to customer service about the temp eris i was given so they overnighted me an incredible as my early upgrade on my first line... so after taking apart my first droid i now have it working too. I will send the eris back, but now i will have 3 diff droids in my hands for a few days and can trade the incredible in for a droid2 if i want to. I will be giving one phone to my girlfriend but i am not sure wich to keep for myself and which to give to her... i can not seem to get a good opinion or comparison on the inc,droidx,droid2 to make a good decision. so if i could get some opinions on here that would be appreciated

on a side note, my friend with his iphone got irritated when i asked his opinion on the issue, just knowing i have the options, hahaha

Bateluer

Reaction score
None of them will approach the customization that you had with the Droid 1, but the Inc has a lot more options than the X or D2. The X and D2 have more powerful hardware, but are much more locked down and hampered with Blur, so odds are you'll never even get close to the level you had with the D1.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Friend....this is such a wide open question. lol One has a physical keyboard, one is bigger than all the others, one has Sense UI, ....

If u absolutely want a physical keyboard, than there is only one choice...

Just based on features, its really a tough call. I would probably say based on features, either the X or Inc.

Want the latest software officially, thats on the Droid 2. The Inc should be getting it soon tho, probably before the X.

Battery life might goes to the Droid 2.

So many things to try to compare....

I shouldn't have even posted, but I'm bored...lol

Last edited:

Bateluer

Reaction score
Is waiting for Verizon's spin of the Galaxy S an option? There's no release date, but it'll be much more open and ROMs are already cooking for the TMo and AT&T versions, shouldn't be too hard to port them to the Sprint and Verizon versions when released.

OP
idulfingz

idulfingz

Reaction score
I am afraid that the open format of the droid I had is what I loved most about it, so I am thinking I will go with the x for myself because I have seen it rooted easily, but I still can't decide on the inc or the d2 for the gf, she left it up to me

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

fichdak

Reaction score
I am afraid that the open format of the droid I had is what I loved most about it, so I am thinking I will go with the x for myself because I have seen it rooted easily, but I still can't decide on the inc or the d2 for the gf, she left it up to me

uhhh you're gonna get the x because it's open? It has a locked bootloader which means that that even though it's rooted, no custom roms or anything else than requires booting into recovery...

Look at the motorola milestone. It's almost a year old and its bootloader still hasn't been unlocked. the droid 1 is the only "open" motorola phone and they basically said if you want to mod it, don't buy motorola.

OP
idulfingz

idulfingz

Reaction score
Well at this stage all I can do is sit back and wait to see what happens as far as bit loaders, but I still have two days to make a decision and that's why I posted the question here

bpad10

Reaction score
go with the Droid 1....dancedroid

or....research the spec of all models your interested in, test them out in the stores, then go with the one that meets your needs and tastes.....good luck

:)

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Wait for the Fascinate. It will be rootable and will have custom roms, super amoled screen which makes lcd look like ****, its overclocked to 1.2ghz and devs are working on 1.6ghz, plus the hummingbird processor is better than the omap.