Please Help. Factory Reset

jvfd400

Reaction score
So I believe I downloaded a bad app the other day, considering my RAM usage has gone into the toilets since i purchased it. I did a factory reset thinking it would take care of the problem and it did, until my droid x notified me that it had reinstalled all of my apps. i did another factory reset, this time without linking to my google account, and it did not auto-reinstall my apps. Does anyone know how to get into your google account and get rid of the data containing my apps so when I add my google account back on my droid it won't auto-reinstall my apps?

Please Help.

By the way, i have a Droid X which i purchased about a week ago, so it's the latest everything.

qudwis

Reaction score
add your google account then right away go to
setting-applications-manage applications-all
then go to market and click then click clear data
then when you go to the market and download
you apps won't auto reinstall..

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Justa question if you dont mind...

Why did you do a Factory reset if you were sure you downloaded a "bad app" ? Why not just uninstall the "bad app/s" ? All you would have had to do was bactrack on the market and uninstall the last few apps you downloaded...which is real simple when its an app you paid for.:icon_eek:

Whit66

Reaction score
I just did a factory data reset on my Incredible in hopes i will clear all the data to include my apps. I am giving it to my daughter, so she can load what she would like and not have to worry about all the things i downloaded. Is it safe to say when you select Factory Data Reset everything is wiped clean just as if you got the phone from Verizon?

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just did a factory data reset on my Incredible in hopes i will clear all the data to include my apps. I am giving it to my daughter, so she can load what she would like and not have to worry about all the things i downloaded. Is it safe to say when you select Factory Data Reset everything is wiped clean just as if you got the phone from Verizon?

Thanks

Everything except the SD card.