PLEASE HELP!! Factory reset through settings or SPR?

TopDroid

Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried to install SPRecovery on my stock droid 2.2 FRG01B last night and it totally messed it up! Now my phone wont stay on for more than 2 mins, wont make calls, sent 20 random texts to my friend this morning, force close with i open a app, and wont recognize any app data in settings>apps!! This is driving me crazy!
However I can get into SPRecovery only problem is when i hook up USB, it doesnt recognize it. Plus on top of everything it says my battery is completely dead even though its around 70%.
Im tempted to just quit messing with it and do a factory reset. So where should I factory reset? in settings or through SPR? (keep in mind my phone dies after about 2 mins when get it to the regular home screen. If i boot to SPR it doesnt die)

Please freakin help!! Im tempted to take it back to verizon and see what they can do.......

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried to install SPRecovery on my stock droid 2.2 FRG01B last night and it totally messed it up! Now my phone wont stay on for more than 2 mins, wont make calls, sent 20 random texts to my friend this morning, force close with i open a app, and wont recognize any app data in settings>apps!! This is driving me crazy!
However I can get into SPRecovery only problem is when i hook up USB, it doesnt recognize it. Plus on top of everything it says my battery is completely dead even though its around 70%.
Im tempted to just quit messing with it and do a factory reset. So where should I factory reset? in settings or through SPR? (keep in mind my phone dies after about 2 mins when get it to the regular home screen. If i boot to SPR it doesnt die)

Please freakin help!! Im tempted to take it back to verizon and see what they can do.......

Do it through SPR, you can also go into mount options and enable usb mass storage to access your sd card right from SPR if you wanted to try a Rom.

Just do factory reset x2
format cache partition x2
then either install a new Rom and reboot or just reboot.

OP
TopDroid

TopDroid

Reaction score

Do it through SPR, you can also go into mount options and enable usb mass storage to access your sd card right from SPR if you wanted to try a Rom.

Just do factory reset x2

sorry for the double post.

Ok, The only thing is is that my phone wont recognize my sd card. Even if it did i dont have a Rom installed. I was going to install a FRG22 rom but after I installed SPR my phone was going Crazy!! Youre probaly thinking I should have installed a rom first I guess but I thought I was supposed to install SPR first but whatever. I screwed up some how but thats besides the point.. I just want to get my phone back to normal.
So the process youre explaining will get me back to normal?

Do in this order?(Minus the rom part)
1.Just do factory reset x2
2.format cache partition x2
3.then either install a new Rom and reboot or just reboot(ill just reboot)

Thanks for the help man!!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Just do factory reset x2

sorry for the double post.

Ok, The only thing is is that my phone wont recognize my sd card. Even if it did i dont have a Rom installed. I was going to install a FRG22 rom but after I installed SPR my phone was going Crazy!! Youre probaly thinking I should have installed a rom first I guess but I thought I was supposed to install SPR first but whatever. I screwed up some how but thats besides the point.. I just want to get my phone back to normal.
So the process youre explaining will get me back to normal?

Do in this order?(Minus the rom part)
1.Just do factory reset x2
2.format cache partition x2
3.then either install a new Rom and reboot or just reboot(ill just reboot)

Thanks for the help man!!

Hopefully, if you just installed SPR it shouldn't have messed with anything in the OS. that process should put you back to whatever you are running but it should be clean