cannot factory reset or go into any type of recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

deezjet

Reaction score
help..... cannot go back to factory reset... Currently running BB v.04. will not boot into recovery....power and X only brings me back to the current rom. phone will not wipe. yried quick boot Rom manager.....facory reset.... i noticed this after the annoying pop upfor the update was sent to my phone,i even got a text message from verizon telling me they sent one and to install it. however i would keep using install later...now the phone works flawlessly but only with BB... RSD lite doesnt even recognize the phone.......please advise.....kernel 2.6.32-g103d848

OP
D

deezjet

Reaction score
help..... cannot go back to factory reset... Currently running BB v.04. will not boot into recovery....power and X only brings me back to the current rom. phone will not wipe. yried quick boot Rom manager.....facory reset.... i noticed this after the annoying pop upfor the update was sent to my phone,i even got a text message from verizon telling me they sent one and to install it. however i would keep using install later...now the phone works flawlessly but only with BB... RSD lite doesnt even recognize the phone.......please advise.....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Closing...please don't post multiple times withthe same question.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Have you tried reflashing CW through ROM manager a coulple times? ie; flash CW, flash alternate, flash CW all without leaving RM? sometimes that'll get it working.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Have you tried reflashing CW through ROM manager a coulple times? ie; flash CW, flash alternate, flash CW all without leaving RM? sometimes that'll get it working.
Do this if you're a ROM Manager user. If not, you can still use it to try to flash SPRecovery with the "flash alternate recovery image" option near the bottom.

Can you even GET the bootloader to come up?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Factory reset:

On phone, go here: menu -> settings -> privacy -> factory data reset.
No need to have to do it any other way, i.e. rom manager, or boot into recovery.

As far as having problems booting into recovery, are you sure you're holding down the 'x' key long enough? Also, the xda link provided above takes you to instructions for the Droid 2 (at least in the OP).

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.