Everything FCing, Can't Factory Reset - OG Droid

senordeuce

Reaction score
A while back I flashed the boot animation from the Nexus onto my OG, and since then I haven't been able to boot into recovery. I got to the bootloader screen, and it said Version 26.6c, but I can't get to recovery. The boot animation goes on forever, freezes sometimes, and half the time it boots up, there's no connections, it sucks.

Haven't been able to flash any new ROMs, and found out today I can't even factory reset. It went to the M, sat there for a while, black, back to the M, then on to the Nexus boot animation and a normal boot with nothing changed.

Now everything is FCing. It says its rejecting texts because the memory is full, but I can't open any text messaging app. Browser, music, you name it, FC. I just want to factory reset and be done with all of this. Any ideas? Thanks.

The Galaxy Nexus can't get here soon enough.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A while back I flashed the boot animation from the Nexus onto my OG, and since then I haven't been able to boot into recovery. I got to the bootloader screen, and it said Version 26.6c, but I can't get to recovery. The boot animation goes on forever, freezes sometimes, and half the time it boots up, there's no connections, it sucks.

Haven't been able to flash any new ROMs, and found out today I can't even factory reset. It went to the M, sat there for a while, black, back to the M, then on to the Nexus boot animation and a normal boot with nothing changed.

Now everything is FCing. It says its rejecting texts because the memory is full, but I can't open any text messaging app. Browser, music, you name it, FC. I just want to factory reset and be done with all of this. Any ideas? Thanks.

The Galaxy Nexus can't get here soon enough.

If you can boot the phone to see stuff FCing, can't you just go to settings/Privacy and select Factory Data Reset?

If not, can you do the following:

With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.
Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.
Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.
From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.
Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.

OP
senordeuce

senordeuce

Reaction score
If you can boot the phone to see stuff FCing, can't you just go to settings/Privacy and select Factory Data Reset?

If not, can you do the following:

I can get to the Factory Reset in the settings, but then it just held at the M for a few seconds, then booted like normal. Something is preventing the process from happening like normal, probably the same reason I can't access recovery. I will try the other method. Thanks. Got my Galaxy Nexus, now I just want to get the Droid back in working order for around the house. Thinking about figuring out how to turn it into a media remote for the computer.

tjrssibelle

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my OG...could not get into recovery no matter how I tried (ROM manager, quickboot app, or holding down x and power button) nor did factory reset works...what I ended up doing was unroot the phone with rsd lite, wait a few minutes for all the updates to take until frk76, then root again with superoneclick

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using DroidForums

jhardy93

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my OG...could not get into recovery no matter how I tried (ROM manager, quickboot app, or holding down x and power button) nor did factory reset works...what I ended up doing was unroot the phone with rsd lite, wait a few minutes for all the updates to take until frk76, then root again with superoneclick

I have never rooted my original droid, so it is still stock. I wanted to root it now and experiment before or even after I get a new phone. Even if I have never been rooted before and then I install the frk76 update, it sounds like I should be able to root the phone after that with superoneclick?

tjrssibelle

Reaction score
I thought you had root...but superoneclick did work for me after the last update