factory reset

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i'm having problems with CW not working. i can't flash any recoveries using it or when i reboot into recovery. nothing works. i've wiped the data and cache to see if that would help, but it doesn't. i feel like the only thing i can do is a factory reset. is that what i really want to do? if so, what are the negatives to doing this. thanks, Mike

forgot: if i do this, will i have any issues re-rooting?

JCo352

Reaction score
A factory reset will not change your recovery. Try going into rom manager and reflashing clockwork.

OP
mikecolorama

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i can't. it gives me an error message. it's been doing that since i tried to install a new kernal. the only reason i was thinking of the reset was to "start over" and go from there.

JCo352

Reaction score
Well a factory reset doesn't reset your recovery. To go completely back to stock, I think your only option will be using RSD Lite.

OP
mikecolorama

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i really don't know about rsd lite. what exactly will a factory reset do to my phone.

JCo352

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not positive, I haven't done it since I started flashing Roms. When your stock it takes your phone back to out of the box condition. It's pretty much like wiping data and cache. But I do know for a fact it won't get you back to stock recovery, or unroot your phone.

OP
mikecolorama

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i don't mind having to reroot, i just wanted to make sure that i could. as long as i can, i'm happy. it might be fun to start over. almost like having a new phone.

JCo352

Reaction score
i don't mind having to reroot, i just wanted to make sure that i could. as long as i can, i'm happy. it might be fun to start over. almost like having a new phone.

In rom manager it gives you the option, to flash 2.0.1 with no root. I'm not sure if that flashes stock recovery too though.

OP
mikecolorama

mikecolorama

Reaction score
for some reason, i just got it to work. i couldn't even dl a new ROM, but it just did. hopefully everything will be smooth and speedy like before.

i'd still like to find out about the factory reset, just to "freshen" the phone up.

maybe i should stop messing around with my phone...never!!!!!!!

JCo352

Reaction score
for some reason, i just got it to work. i couldn't even dl a new ROM, but it just did. hopefully everything will be smooth and speedy like before.

i'd still like to find out about the factory reset, just to "freshen" the phone up.

maybe i should stop messing around with my phone...never!!!!!!!

Lol, well I'm glad you got it to work.