Please convince me to stay with the android family...

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Because I was sitting at home last night and saw the Blackberry Bold 9930...and my throat got sore. My body got tense. That's the feeling I get when I know I need to make a decision.

It's still feeling that way today at work.

I know I know I knoooooow....BB's don't have many apps, and stock prices are down, and customization ain't easy....

But, here are my 3 criteria I've had for awhile:

1) Keyboard that doesn't bother me (MUST)
2) Battery life
3) Integration

And I think this phone hits all 3.

Now, I'm sure there's plenty of threads asking for advice between this and that, and if there was a section this should have went in, my apologies. My question is...is there a phone that will be hitting Verizon by Dec that will hit all 3 of my criteria. I've thought about the Droid 3, but I dislike the idea of anything outside of stock Android. I'm just not a fan of social tools and stuff...no matter how much I lie to myself. I can't think of anything else that would fit the bill and searching for android phones is a dang mission due to the vast number of them.

If there is one I'm overlooking, please let me know. I can then compare it and see if it will keep me away from leaving. As of now though...I think in late Oct/early Nov, I might be leaving the Android family. I'll still keep my O.G droid for backup...but, I just always love it when those 3 criteria gel together. It's why I loved my old Nokia e71 and what I thought I would have w/my droid.

*I'm also open to a Windows phone that does this job...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The biggest deterrent I've seen is that most BB apps are paid apps.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
B

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Ah I don't care about the apps or anything...just those 3...

I'll pay for something that's useful

OP
B

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I've heard of the Droid Pro and I'm going to try out the keyboard when I go to the Verizon store. I just hope the keys aren't rigid or flat...