Note 2 or S3 or MaxxHD or ?

Dkyacht

Reaction score
No, the Motos are just fabulous wrt reception. My Note 2 is a hair less awesome, but has been very good for me so far.

I always thought Moto got screwed by Verizon with the 4g rollout; there where so many problems with the tower software (remember the Sim card authentication bug?) that Moto got sheared as a side effect.

There are really iffy places where my bionic would barely hold a call that the Note can't handle, but they are very rare.

Most annoying thing is that there is no way to turn off 4g and force 3g, unless you are rooted. If you are in an area with fringy 4g, that will chew your battery.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Your talking about the moto when you say you can't turn off 4g right?

Dave

greglb

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Motorola has better reception than any Samsung I have owned yet. I actually still prefer the better camera over the reception. The battery life between the note 2 and the Maxx are the same to me. But again Motorola had the market nailed for reception similar to black berry. Not sure what black crush IA honestly. The only issue I ever come across one or two times a day on particular apps is it timing out and force closing turning the screen black for an extended period of time. But my bionic did this two on tapatalk every time I attempted to views pictures in a thread.

Thanks for the reply. Is it a significant difference in reception or just slight? The black issue is where the dark areas of the screen are totally black so it's hard to watch a dark video. Basically no shadow detail.

cschanck

Reaction score
No, on the Verizon Note 2, there is no CDMA only option, and apps like Elixer that manipulate the radio into give a permission issue. I'm unrooted, BTW.

Dkyacht

Reaction score
That sucks! I'm on t-mobile and these are my choices.

Dave

Dkyacht

Reaction score
Look at the signal difference I get just by switching.

Dave

cschanck

Reaction score
I'm not so much worried about the difference in 3g/4g for signal; Verizon's network is excellent that way. I'm more interested in the battery savings

I never saw any difference between 3g/4g as far as signal on my bionic.