Convince me to remain with an Android phone.

HayWire

Reaction score
Why not a fourteen day trial too?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

merpaderp

Reaction score
It would be a massive mistake for you to switch to a BlackBerry. A BlackBerry is only good for 2 things. No particular order.

1. Emails.

2. Brickbreaker.

+1 on iPhone, and I say that with no hate. Some people just seem to like its simplicity.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't totally knock iphones.....I just prefer the ability to "choose my own destiny" so to speak with Andy

707droidmaster

Reaction score
i looked at the DELL Streak..... impressive screen size..... my htc was smaller than just the screen...... but it seemed fragile..... i stick with what i know and what i know is this..... blackberry(crapberry) is no good..... i had the storm 2... lots of problems hard resets, wipes, u name it.....the iPhones are better than the b.b...... but also have their share of problems...... stick with droid...... just buy a car charger

OP
T

TimChgo9

Reaction score
When I got my Droid, I did like it, I was fully on the Android bandwagon, and in many ways I still am.

What I loved about my Droid: Speed, simplicity, ability to make the phone do what I wanted it to do, and set it up to operate the way I want it to operate.

What I didn't love so much: Battery issues. Hardware failures. Apps that just seem to mess everything up.

I have looked at, and dismissed the BB, the iPhone wasn't even under consideration. I am going to stick with Android, because after reading, looking around, and going to the VZW store before work and looking at the phones, the D2G seems to be the one I want. It has the keyboard, and the form factor is familiar, and it looks better, and seems to run better than the previous phone.

I have even been doing some research on the various phones that sparked my curiosity. They are lacking, for the most part. While they may look cool, and flashy, they lack in features, apps, functionality, etc. After giving it some consideration, I am going to get the Droid 2 Global. I just don't see any other phone out there meeting my needs. I know what I need my phone to do, and in all honesty, my first Droid did it very well.

It took some of the posts in this thread to remind me of what did work, and, that the platform has gotten better over the last year or so. By the weekend, I should be a D2G owner...

Gritwater

Reaction score
So, my Droid failed, and I thought I was going to stay with Android, but now I am not so sure.

I have some beefs with the Android OS, and in general, the way some things are done. I have looked at some other smartphones (I won't go near an iPhone, period) and I am wondering why I should remain with an Android phone. WinMo looks good, I have always wondered what a WinMo phone would be like. The other option is Nokia, as well as Blackberry.

What are my beefs with Android? First of all.. the market. Not the market itself, but the huge amount of crap apps that are in there. Shoddy, poorly programmed garbage, designed to make it's publisher a few quick bucks, or a method to spy on your phone. I have had more issues with Market apps than anything else. I get the whole "open source" thing...but, shouldn't there be some basic quality control available? At least a certification that the program runs properly? Yeah, with free apps, you get what you pay for, as it were, but even some apps that I (and friends/relatives) have paid for have caused problems with their devices. Then, there is the battery issues, and some hardware issues as well. I replaced my original Droid 3 or 4 times, because of hardware issues. I have factory reset more times than I can count, and I often wonder if I shouldn't move on to a platform that is more stable.

Moving on, however, means I have to give up the flexibility and openness of Android, and use someone else's locked down OS, that does only what they want it to do.

I like the BB form factor, and it seems easy to use. WinMo looks cool. but it is Microsoft, and as a computer tech/builder, I know all about MS quality....such as it is.

I need a new phone, and I am looking at the D2G...tell me why I should not leave Android. What is on the horizon for the OS that will make it better. Right not, nothing is appealing to me. So, convince me.

you really need that much approval? you either want a droid, or you don't. It doesn't affect me in the slightest if you buy an iphone or stay with android. My mortgage is not going to be late... I still have a job next monday.

jr313

Reaction score
If you have to be convinced then Android is not for you.

It's sort of like dating or marrying a girl. If we have to convince you to date her or marry her she's not the one for you. I say move onto another woman : ) there are PLENTY of other good ones.
+20 cereal...LOL...

OP
T

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Decided on the D2G.

After looking at everything, the Droid really does everything I need it to do, so that is why I stuck with it.

When it came to other phones, nothing really measured up. One of the things that decided it was the physical keyboard. On the D2G it's an improvement.

I apologize to those who thought this thread was beneath them, and couldn't resist coming in the thread and being snarky, disrespectful, or downright rude. Seriously, if you could care less about my phone tribulations, and can't say anything constructive, or helpful, then ignore the thread.

Thanks to those who PM'd with advice, or offered advice in this thread. It was very helpful, and also caught me up and got me current with what's happening with Android. When I joined DF in Dec. of 09, that''s what the forum was about, helpful advice, and a fair amount of decency. I come back around after being absent for a few months, and in some threads, rudeness and disrespect seem to be all that some want to engage in.

I learned my lesson, believe me.

Well, I am going to go enjoy my new phone, and learn some of the new capabilities. From now on I shall be very selective when posting questions, lest I wake the trolls....