Play Youtube Videos In Th Background On Any Android!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-youtube-logo-840x402-jpg.77992

One of the best places to find great music and all sorts of cool podcasts is Youtube. Listening to your favorite music playlists on the Youtube app means you will have to kill some serious battery life as your screen will need to be turned on. Of course you can pay for the Youtube Red subscription which will allow you to turn off the screen and continue to listen to music. There is a free way to achieve this on any Android device.

To get youtube videos playing in the background or while the screen is off open youtube.com in the chrome browser. Go to settings and check the option to load the desktop version of the site. Search for the video you would like to watch and play it. You will receive an option to enable notifications from the chrome browser. Do enable the notifications. Now return home. In your notification panel you will see an option to play the audio from the video you were just watching. The audio will continue to play even if your display is turned off. This is a great way to jam out on the morning commute. Hopefully Google won't decide to shut this down/

Attachments

• new-youtube-logo-840x402.jpg
    new-youtube-logo-840x402.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,289

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm reporting you guys since I get it with my Play Music subscription

Sent using Tapatalk