plastic laminate on back of droid screen melted partially

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone out there has had the thin plastic laminate on back of lcd of droid bubble/ partially melt. You can see it when u open keyboard. I was also wondering if It would be covered under warranty. I did root my droid, and I don't usually overclock it past 1Ghz. But I have noticed the substantial temperatures it gets to. Which are usually 125 130 sometimes like 135 while charging. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone out there has had the thin plastic laminate on back of lcd of droid bubble/ partially melt. You can see it when u open keyboard. I was also wondering if It would be covered under warranty. I did root my droid, and I don't usually overclock it past 1Ghz. But I have noticed the substantial temperatures it gets to. Which are usually 125 130 sometimes like 135 while charging. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!

I can't find what you're talking about. But if you remove the root and go to stock then I would guess that warranty replacement would be in order.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No, It's not covered under warranty.

It's for manufacture and shipping purposes and meant to be removed.

OP
dr01dm0dd3r

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
@hook. That's what I was thinking
@ I just removed the sticker lol and it looks like there is an oilstain pattern underneath the bubbled part, in that case is that a defective in the way of overheating, cuz I kinda want the new htc incredible,

smrivera80

Reaction score
If you bring that to the store for replacement, they'll consider that type of problem to be physical damage, which isn't covered under warranty. They'll offer you a refurbished unit for a $50 charge, or they'll tell you to use your insurance if you have it. But don't expect them to give you a new phone; even if they did, it would be another Droid. They aren't going to give you an Incredible.

smrivera80

Reaction score
A refund is only a consideration within the first 30 days after purchase. But with the damage you describe, they likely would not allow you to return it.

rogueleader

Reaction score
LOL! I have had my Droid for about a month and never noticed that! Saw this post, turned it over and said "hey! mine has bubbles too!". Then read on and saw I was supposed to take it off! Now that it's off I got to say my Droid opens a lot smoother!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I kno that, I was hoping for refund so I can put it towards the incredible

With everything you've been posting. It seems you are grasping at any and all straws on getting a refund on the Droid. If your past the 30days that is not going to happen.