Just got the January security update.
2566b78b7eb45d959f65f607401da1fe.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I received it also, 2 updates in February this time around. Some may complain, but I look at it as Google taking their phones seriously and trying to fix issues as quick as possible.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes sir, downloading now. According to PhoneArena this is adding 5G C-Band support for Verizon phones. Can't confirm that, just something I read.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've seen a few new things so far (Assistant reminders in the Messages app based on Contact details, etc.) and my phone is running as smooth as ever. I still don't have the new battery widget option yet in my widgets list, but read that it's rolling out slowly via server-side. I want to check that out when it's available.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've seen a few new things so far (Assistant reminders in the Messages app based on Contact details, etc.) and my phone is running as smooth as ever. I still don't have the new battery widget option yet in my widgets list, but read that it's rolling out slowly via server-side. I want to check that out when it's available.
I have the widget showing ...

A member on another forum posted this fix for it

Fixed the widget...

Paste this into Chrome

I had to click 'unisntall' and then an 'update' box showed after I uninstalled. Clicked update and boom - widget now showing.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I had to reboot again today because of a Unconnect Bluetooth issue. After the restart the new Battery widget was available. I like how it instantly updates when I open my Pixel buds, or connect other compatible Bluetooth devices, very handy.

I have not seen any changes yet in messages app for iPhone reactions, they still come thru as a message. I also have not seen the new "organize" feature yet. That seems pretty useful, at least to me. Numerous sources I have read state that those things are related to the new update and a Google server side update per account. I did see something new today, it was a birthday for one of my contacts and Messages put the last text between us at the top of the list with a blue banner alerting me it was his birthday. That was kind of cool.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I had to reboot again today because of a Unconnect Bluetooth issue. After the restart the new Battery widget was available. I like how it instantly updates when I open my Pixel buds, or connect other compatible Bluetooth devices, very handy.

I have not seen any changes yet in messages app for iPhone reactions, they still come thru as a message. I also have not seen the new "organize" feature yet. That seems pretty useful, at least to me. Numerous sources I have read state that those things are related to the new update and a Google server side update per account. I did see something new today, it was a birthday for one of my contacts and Messages put the last text between us at the top of the list with a blue banner alerting me it was his birthday. That was kind of cool.

I still haven't dug thru some of the new features ...I agree with nothing yet with reactions ...very cool on the bday reminder ...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have iPhone reactions now
1479f951a40cbc41e589ed85261223e3.jpg

Nice! Nothing on my end yet, iPhone reactions still come thru as a new SMS message. But good to know it is rolling out.

Last edited:

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
So, I can see an iphone like, which is nice. Do we have the option to "Like" a response from an iPhone user back at them?