Welcome to the Pixel 4 & Pixel 4 XL forum

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just ordered mine this morning. Should be here in a few days.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Lock and loaded ready to run this puppy thru the paces

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm very much looking forward to your reports. I'm due for an upgrade and right now its between the Pixel 4XL or one of S10 series. I so much enjoy the Google experience but I am worried about Screen brightness and of course battery life.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm very much looking forward to your reports. I'm due for an upgrade and right now its between the Pixel 4XL or one of S10 series. I so much enjoy the Google experience but I am worried about Screen brightness and of course battery life.
I will definitely drop some thoughts and experiences... I tell you one thing the thing charges fast with wire charging ... I don't think the screen brightness is going to be issue from my first morning so far so good

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I'm a little late to this party, but thought that I'd let you know that I just got my P4XL yesterday. It's all set up and running. there's a couple things that I miss from my 2XL, but so far, so good with the 4XL.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm a little late to this party, but thought that I'd let you know that I just got my P4XL yesterday. It's all set up and running. there's a couple things that I miss from my 2XL, but so far, so good with the 4XL.

Good deal, enjoy the new phone! I am seriously considering a Pixel 4a XL when they come out in May / June. I bought my wife a Pixel 3a XL and it's really nice. If the 4a has a fingerprint scanner (I need it for my bank apps that don't support face ID....yet) then I am 99% sure I am getting one. I even started selling all my Moto Mods.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wow. Selling the mods. Not sure why, but I'm keeping my original Zforce and mods. Ha! Maybe they'll become valuable collectibles one day. I don't use banking apps, so fingerprint isn't an issue. Haven't tried Google Pay yet, to see if it works, but I rarely use it anyway. The most noticeable difference is that the speakerphone volume is less than on my 2XL. Two speakers are in the bottom end of the phone, instead of on the face at bottom. There's a little speaker top face of phone for calls, which also serves as one of the speakers for music, etc. It's fine. Just not as loud. Amazingly fast and smooth, with the 90hrtz refresh rate. I was in Verizon yesterday to get a screen protector. While waiting, I did a hands-on with the new Moto Razr. Interesting phone, but not worth $1500. Good to hear from you, Sajo. Thanks for your response.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good deal, enjoy the new phone! I am seriously considering a Pixel 4a XL when they come out in May / June. I bought my wife a Pixel 3a XL and it's really nice. If the 4a has a fingerprint scanner (I need it for my bank apps that don't support face ID....yet) then I am 99% sure I am getting one. I even started selling all my Moto Mods.
I'm sure it will have fingerprint scanner .. Front screen will be punch hole like Samsung phones ... Only reason I didn't keep my Pixel 4XL I had too many apps not working at the time with Face ID .. smooth phone though ..

Note10+

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm sure it will have fingerprint scanner .. Front screen will be punch hole like Samsung phones ... Only reason I didn't keep my Pixel 4XL I had too many apps not working at the time with Face ID .. smooth phone though ..

Note10+
All the current rumors do point to both of those (rear FPS and punch hole). The Pixel 4 seems really nice, but I don't need all the bells & whistles, so the mid range 4a XL would be fine for me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
All the current rumors do point to both of those (rear FPS and punch hole). The Pixel 4 seems really nice, but I don't need all the bells & whistles, so the mid range 4a XL would be fine for me.

I’m thinking it will be solid and capable from all rumors ...and it will get plenty things right ...I do like my wireless charging only thing that stops me currently ...

11 Max Pro

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Wow. Selling the mods. Not sure why, but I'm keeping my original Zforce and mods. Ha! Maybe they'll become valuable collectibles one day. I don't use banking apps, so fingerprint isn't an issue. Haven't tried Google Pay yet, to see if it works, but I rarely use it anyway. The most noticeable difference is that the speakerphone volume is less than on my 2XL. Two speakers are in the bottom end of the phone, instead of on the face at bottom. There's a little speaker top face of phone for calls, which also serves as one of the speakers for music, etc. It's fine. Just not as loud. Amazingly fast and smooth, with the 90hrtz refresh rate. I was in Verizon yesterday to get a screen protector. While waiting, I did a hands-on with the new Moto Razr. Interesting phone, but not worth $1500. Good to hear from you, Sajo. Thanks for your response.

I’ve never used Google Pay after all these years with so many phones..I agree that front facing speaker nothing like it ...did you keep the 2 XL ...none of these flips are worth the price yet ..but I understand why so high right now ..I’m looking forward to seeing that Z flip..I might pick up another 4XL been checking some prices on Swappa ..

11 Max Pro

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I kept the 2XL, but the screen is cracked and the lower left corner of the frame also. It was going to cost $200 to fix it. I put that towards what I still owed on it. And got the 4XL instead. The 4 was on sale for $300 off, so I bought it. Thanks.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I kept the 2XL, but the screen is cracked and the lower left corner of the frame also. It was going to cost $200 to fix it. I put that towards what I still owed on it. And got the 4XL instead. The 4 was on sale for $300 off, so I bought it. Thanks.

I saw that deal this morning.....very tempting, very tempting. Google knew I was interested, so they sent me the sale e-mail. Sneaky.....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for getting me on a Pixel kinda mood ..scooped up from BestBuy with their deal ...btw $400 off for those still on the fence @Sajo

Pixel 4 XL
Very tempting, I looked at it on Best Buy this morning and they have 3 in stock at my local store. Very tempting at that price. But I think I'll wait until May and see what the 4a XL has to offer and what the price is. If I can wait that long.