Picture Storage Location/ Camera Setting Reverts to internal

pilot12

Reaction score
I posted on another thread, but can't find another pertinent discussion anyplace.

I came from a D1 and swapped SD cards so I got all my old pics in my Bionic.
I took several new pics and a video with the bionic. New pics show up in the gallery.
I plugged the phone into my computer so I could transfer the pics. None of the new pics nor the video are on the external SD card, but all my old pics are under dcim/camera.
I went into the Bionic Camera setup (in camera, settings) and saw that the storage was set to internal. The choice was grayed out and not changeable. I monkeyed with it and somehow finally got it changed to ext. SD.
I experimented some more but can't get any new pics to show on my PC.
The Bionic camera settings storage reverted back to Internal.
I've repeated all above several times. No change. :frown:

I installed Gallery 3D and got the Phone gallery to look like what I was used to, but no help with the transfer; can't find the pics anyplace when I look at the phone from the PC. I have to believe all the new pics are on the internal storage.

How do I transfer internally stored pics to the external SD card in the Bionic?
How do I set the camera storage location to permanently stay External?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

gsDroid

Reaction score
Use the camera settings to set storage to sdcard from internal. Start camera, slide menu out (blue box w/3 lines), touch the gear (first icon), choose Storage location, choose sdcard.

OP
P

pilot12

Reaction score
Use the camera settings to set storage to sdcard from internal. Start camera, slide menu out (blue box w/3 lines), touch the gear (first icon), choose Storage location, choose sdcard.

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. I did that, but it didn't stay there. Next time I looked it was internal again.

gsDroid

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't read your first post carefully.
Another setting to look at might be Settings > Storage > Storage location > change to sdcard.

Last edited:

brandon9559

Reaction score
Strange. I changed mine when I got it on release day and it's stuck for me.

My setting stayed on the sd card as the default storage location too but it still saved the pics I've taken to the internal memory. If you take your sd card out of your phone and power it on do you have any pics in your gallery?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
P

pilot12

Reaction score
I see now we have slightly different problems....but similar.

After connectiong the phone to the PC, I see my pictures in a file called DCIM/ Camera. The missing pictures don't show any place.

Is that the same file you show?

I have to follow up tomorrow afternoon.

gsDroid

Reaction score
My storage location has remained on the external sdcard-ext and all my pictures and thumbnails are under the DCIM folder on the card. I also have the thumbnails in the internal memory, a.k.a. sdcard, under the DCIM folder. I don't know why the thumbnails are going both places, but at least my pics are on the removable card. I hope an update can improve the memory/storage management to give better control over where things are being stored. It was very hard for me to figure out how to get Titanium backups onto sdcard-ext and I still can't get LauncherPro to backup there.

willlayb

Reaction score
i have the settings in both Storage and for the camera to go to the sdcard but they all save to the internal memory. i cannot get it to switch