SD card vs internal storage

Only1Cammie

Reaction score
Okay, so my question is about where certain files save and if and how I can change that. I was using the "files" app and noticed that when in the SD card location, not all of my pics are showing up in the folder. Then noticed that when I go to internal memory, there is an SD card folder and an SD card ext folder. What is the difference and how do I get things like my music, pics, videos and downloads to save to the sd automatically?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gsDroid

Reaction score
There are like a bazillion threads on this. Please search for additional information. Two things that can get you started are: 1. Settings > Storage > Storage location > set to SD card. 2. Camera > open Settings > choose the gear wheel > Storage Location > SD Card. This will start saving pictures and videos on your removable external microsd card. Use your 'Files' app to move the existing pictures from SD card, which in this app refers to your internal memory, to the Camera folder in the sd-ext (external microsd card).

Make sure you do not move or install any apps to sdcard = Media = internal memory. Apps installed into Media will likely disappear after a reboot. For now we cannot install apps to the external microsd card = sd-ext.