Pics Will Not Show Up In Windows Explorer!

birdguy888

Reaction score
Two problems I think are related?

Problem #1: When I plug my Razr Maxx HD into my computer using the supplied USB cable and go to Windows Explorer (herein "WE") to view my pics, many to most of my pics will NOT show in the right hand side after selecting the folder. I have selected the "Change Your View" option in the upper right hand corner of WE and chosen any of the "icon" options. Nothing works. See the attached pic for what it looks like!

View attachment 61278

Problem #2: After I import a pic into a photo editor, specifically I use Photoshop, once I edit it and click on "save" or "save as", my phone disappears from the drop down menu for the location of where I want to save the pic. My C: and other drives/folders are viewable and available, but my phone disappears from the list! See the next attached pic to see it is now missing as compared to just the normal WE mode.

View attachment 61279

I called Verizon Tech Support and spoke to 2 tech people. They said my Windows OS is "old" and won't support the features of this new, high tech, HD phone. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. Is that really true that my Win ver is too old for this phone???

Thanks for any info as I just don't see how my Win can be that "old" as to not work with my phone!

Eddie

newmanx4

Reaction score
The fact that Verizon Tech called Windows 7 old shows how much they know. My Windows 7 PC doesn't like this phone but everything works fine on my 10 year old XP machine. I've seen other posts about problems with this phone communicating with Windows 7. I previously had a Droid X and had the same issues with it and W7. I always figured it was probably an issue with Motorola's drivers.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
birdguy888

birdguy888

Reaction score
Yeah, I told the 2 people that just couldn't be an issue since Win 8 just came out. The phone itself seems to work fine and my computer works fine as well. Just irritating that I have to drag and drop pics into a folder, then edit, then save to that folder then go back and drag and drop back onto the phone! Today's technology is great - when it works -