Pics of First HTC Phone with Ice Cream Sandwich Leak

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mystery-HTC-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-phone-for-Verizon2.jpg

The guys at PhoneArena were able to get their hands on some pics of a new phone from HTC that will possibly be the first HTC device with Ice Cream Sandwich. Although the phone's appearance and styling is sadly not very different from every other HTC phone we have seen over the last few months, it has some decent specs:
  • 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8MP camera with a VGA front-facing camera
  • 4G LTE
  • AMOLED screen that is probably a 4.3"
  • Sense UI 4.0
Mystery-HTC-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-phone-for-Verizon.jpg

Current speculation is that the phone is either the HTC Fireball or possibly even a new HTC Incredible 3. This is based upon the phone's styling on the back, although since it is a prototype unit, the design could change before it is released. There was no other info to go along with the photos concerning a timeframe for launch, but, as always, we will keep an eye out for you guys. The source link has a few more pics of the device.

Source: PhoneArena

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
this doesnt seem quite right...htc is really going to launch their first version of ics and sense 4.0 on fairly mediocre device??? i'd expect their ics debut device to have at least similar specs to the rezound

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea now that I look at the specs, they aren't really new specs. The Rezound is even clocked higher.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Could be a new s4 processor with a brand spankin new adreno 225. With the more powerful gpu, a high clock speed on the cpu might not be needed. People always say HTC's are power hunger. Maybe they are answering back.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Meh...they should just call it "watered down Rezound".

VGA Front Camera in 2012? really? That display better be 720p.

I always wondered how I felt about the red accents on the Rezound...now that I have seen the alternative, I decided that I like them.

Oh yeah, and Sense still sucks. Gimme vanilla ICS pls. kthx.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Inc 3?

acousticshade

Reaction score
Hey HTC - save yourself some money and increase your sales. By the end of the month, port ICS to the Rezound, put in a 1900 Mah battery and call it the Rezound +.

Really??? Why do we need new Tier 2 hardware with ICS???? I'll be really concerned with HTC's future if that's what this is.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I wonder when enough processor speed in phones is going to be enough. I mean if it does have an S4 snapdragon in it, its going to beat out all phones out on the market right now, in power(new art. and much better gpu) and battery life(smaller die size, intergrated LTE) .

Im not saying it is.....but im saying that just because it has a 1.2ghz processor, doesnt mean its going to be a lower end phone. take a chill pill.

The next gen dual cores are on there way ladies and gentleman. They are all going to DESTROY anything out right now, even with a lower processor speed. The new GPU's are going to be at least 50% faster vs what out right now, while being more power efficient.
T.I. OMAP5
Qualcomm S4
Nvidia terga 3...maybe this year...
Samsung Exynos 5000's....maybe...they are going to have to support LTE someday or get left behind.

The future is looking good.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder when enough processor speed in phones is going to be enough. I mean if it does have an S4 snapdragon in it, its going to beat out all phones out on the market right now, in power(new art. and much better gpu) and battery life(smaller die size, intergrated LTE) .

Im not saying it is.....but im saying that just because it has a 1.2ghz processor, doesnt mean its going to be a lower end phone. take a chill pill.

The next gen dual cores are on there way ladies and gentleman. They are all going to DESTROY anything out right now, even with a lower processor speed. The new GPU's are going to be at least 50% faster vs what out right now, while being more power efficient.
T.I. OMAP5
Qualcomm S4
Nvidia terga 3...maybe this year...
Samsung Exynos 5000's....maybe...they are going to have to support LTE someday or get left behind.

The future is looking good.

i wasnt saying the cpu speed wasnt bad, its just that a VGA front camera just screams midrange mediocre phone...most top phones have 1.3 MP+ ffc

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
It may have ICS on it, but that can't be the hardware. It has the 4 buttons at the bottom. Don't those go away on new phones with ICS.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may have ICS on it, but that can't be the hardware. It has the 4 buttons at the bottom. Don't those go away on new phones with ICS.

its up to the phone manufacturers...ICS doesnt HAVE to be without capacitive buttons but its capable of using only on screen buttons (dont know why they wouldnt take advantage of that though)

Reaction score
The razr still gonna be one of the most powerful smartphone. Till something new comes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums