Pics of First HTC Phone with Ice Cream Sandwich Leak

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Droid Razr will be best till a really good phone comes out.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

acousticshade

Reaction score
No, no, no. You guys forgot something. It should read.

The Galaxy Nexus will have the best speaker and connectivity problems till a new phone comes out!

AND

The Razr still gonna have the best non HD screen until a new phone with a non HD screen comes out!

Oh, and add.

The Rezound will have the best battery life of a phone with crappy battery until a phone with a crappier battery comes out.

;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Either nothing "old" sells in the Android market, or the OEM's are just really, really dumb. To hit lower price points all they have to do is what Apple does and just discount older models. A "new" and "mid-tier" phone just seems like a waste of resources.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
It may have ICS on it, but that can't be the hardware. It has the 4 buttons at the bottom. Don't those go away on new phones with ICS.
Not from what I have seen. The only new ICS phones we have seen so far all have buttons.

IMO the software buttons are intended as a backup. Like how Windows has keyboard shortcuts even though almost all PCs have mice. I think the vast majority of Android phones will continue to have hardware buttons.

Last edited:

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
Not from what I have seen. The only ICS phones we have seen so far all have buttons.

IMO the software buttons are intended as a backup. Like how Windows has keyboard shortcuts even though almost all PCs have mice. I think the vast majority of Android phones will continue to have hardware buttons.

The only ICS phone out is the GNex and it does not have the buttons.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can't wait for the devs to cook that up in a Rom for my rezound. Ics with sense has been awesome for me 3 weeks in and counting.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Forum Runner

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Don't want to imply some people are stupid, because there are a lot of people with reading impairments, but the OP says "possibly". Maybe before posting comments to trying to demean people all of the posts in a thread should be read and understood.

Show those phones. I am sure people would love to have a stock ICS choice other than the GNex.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
How many non-Nexus phones have been announced with ICS and no buttons so far? That was my point.

I think it is premature to assume that ICS phones will do away with hardware buttons. So far only Google themselves appears to be adopting that.

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
How many non-Nexus phones have been announced with ICS and no buttons so far? That was my point.

I think it is premature to assume that ICS phones will do away with hardware buttons. So far only Google themselves appears to be adopting that.

There have been no non-nex phones announced with ics. This thread is about a "possible htc ics phone" not an announced phone.

Where's the proof that only google appears to be adopting this.

One of the biggest selling points for ics is that it does not need those buttons, which allows for more screen space when needed.

If your going to flame have some facts.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Yeah bnp is right don't post till you have solid facts.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!