physical keyboard; vertical, horizontal, or none

everstar80

Reaction score
With the unexpected, and to some disappointing design of the Motorola droid pro, what type of keyboard do you prefer: vertical keyboard, horizontal keyboard like the droid and droid 2, or no keyboard like the incredible or the droid x?

Personally i prefer the horizontal because of the convenience of typing fast without making mistakes because i am six foot four and have huge hands so it makes it easier. And i have the entire screen that i wouldn't with a phone that has no physical keyboard. And with a vertical keyboard for me presents the same problem as having no keyboard.

So with the several devices expected and the others rumored coming soon, do you want them to have a physical keyboard, and if so, vertical or horizontal?

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
i like the horizontal but it would be pretty awsome if they made a droid that slid both ways

piffey

Reaction score
I bought a D2 thinking I'd want the slide-out keyboard. Turns out, after installing Swype, I only use it to compose long mail messages and type in forums. It makes a world of difference then, but I think I could probably adapt to using swype or another advanced on-screen keyboard just as quickly. If I want to type a letter I should probably do it on my desktop anyway.

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
i like the horizontal but it would be pretty awsome if they made a droid that slid both ways

That does sound like a good concept to please and appeal to a wider audience. But how could the physical keyboard be the same to fit both sides?
ever heard of the Samsung Alias™ 2 why not just use the type of keys where they change letters / numbers when you open it from different sides its pretty awsome

OP
E

everstar80

Reaction score
Tried the site and for some reason they said my area was unavailable, got any specs or other websitws to check this out. Keep in mind that i have become a Motorola addict in recent months.

OP
E

everstar80

Reaction score
Sorry i just went to the website and that is not what i had in mind at all for a device. For me the Aesthetics are horrible on that phone. I want progression like the speculated pictures from nvidia for the superphone.

kechamb

Reaction score
Horizontal is fine for me I like the feel of using my computer keyboard.