Screen not rotating back from Horizontal to Vertical

fingaz

Reaction score
My Droid 4 screen staying in Horizontal mode even when I turn the phone back to Vertical. This seems to be happening sometimes when I open the phone's keyboard when the screen is turned off. It turn on in horizontal mode and doesn't turn back to vertical when I slide the keyboard back in and turn it vertical.

To fix it, I simply open and close the keyboard, again. This is a workaround and not a solution, so I was seeing if this bug has been noticed by anyone else.

Has anyone else noticed this happen? And is there a way to fix it?

OP
F

fingaz

Reaction score
Anyone??? I guess no one is having this problem? Am I not explaining my self correctly???

nitrojuga

Reaction score
Haven't had this issue with mine. I don't know what you mean by horizontal and vertical. I've only heard landscape and portrait mode (I'd guess horizontal is landscape and the other vertical). There is a setting in the menu to lock it to a certain position though. Maybe you've accidentally enabled that?

OP
F

fingaz

Reaction score
ahh... my bad. Thats what I meant Vertical meaning portrait and horrizontal meaning landscape.

Never the less, this point is moot because my D4 broke yesterday anyway. Getting a new one from warranty. Thanks,

ausbill32

Reaction score
My phone is not rooted (stock). I had this same problem as you but I figured out it was caused by the "nolock" app. Once I uninstalled that app, the rotation worked properly again. Do you have anything installed that has disabled some standard functions of your phone?

OP
F

fingaz

Reaction score
Oh really? I have nolock, too. I love that I don't have to swipe to unlock all the time, but obvi... its annoying that the screen doesn't rotate back sometimes.

Actually, is there any programs out there that make it so there is a delay as to when the screen lock goes on. Cause.. if the screen times out and I puck the power button right away, it still locks. Is there a way to make it so that the phone has to be off for like 2 minutes before the screen locks when you turn it back on.

mccompunerd

Reaction score
I've randomly had this issue, but usually when the phone is displaying upside down landscape(volume buttons on bottom). I just have to flip to regular landscape, then back to portrait and it adjusts fine.

r0gu3

Reaction score
have the same problem. Phone might have switched to lanscape mode and no matter how many times I flip it back and forth it stays in landscape orientation. I do not have the exact noLock app, but am using UnKeyLocker (which is probably causing problems with it still).