Phone won't stop restarting

ethan_glaud

Reaction score
So like how an exorcism gets the craziest right before the demon is exorcized, my awful phone is giving it all before I upgrade in a few weeks. I open my keyboard, and the background defaults, then it flashes between the background picture and the app, then locks the phone. My phone was frozen on the texting app, so I restart it, something I do often to try and fix my issues with the phone. Well, it's been restarting for a while, and i've even restarted the restart, but nothing works and I don't know how to fix this. Any tips? The battery should've been full enough, it was above 50% although it has dropped from 40% to 1% (like I said, a lot of problems). I have a Droid RAZR M.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I had a situation with my RAZR M once where it just started overheating for no reason and became unresponsive. I was finally able to get it shut down and let it cool for a while. But it would not turn on again. I was able to boot into the Recovery Menu and do a Factory Reset (FDR) and it ran great for almost another year. Never did figure out why. If you can get it to turn off and charge for a while, booting into Recovery and doing a FDR may be the only option?

OP
E

ethan_glaud

Reaction score
I had a situation with my RAZR M once where it just started overheating for no reason and became unresponsive. I was finally able to get it shut down and let it cool for a while. But it would not turn on again. I was able to boot into the Recovery Menu and do a Factory Reset (FDR) and it ran great for almost another year. Never did figure out why. If you can get it to turn off and charge for a while, booting into Recovery and doing a FDR may be the only option?

Sounds good, but I don't know if I want to do a FDR when i'll only have it for a few more weeks. I don't want to lose everything, and I don't want to set up two phones in a month.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Understood. I'm not sure what else you can do right now. Hope you can find a way to get it running again to get you through the next few weeks.

OP
E

ethan_glaud

Reaction score
I got a new phone (I was planning on it anyways) and did the factory reset, but still no luck, it's still stuck...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear that, I had hoped it would get the old phone running again. I know how much of a bummer it is to lose personal files, pics etc. Just curious, what new phone did you get? At least that is something positive.

OP
E

ethan_glaud

Reaction score
Yeah it is a plus, hopefully I won't have to frequent the forums any more. I got the droid turbo! Yeah I mainly just want to access my SD card in my phone (this phone doesn't have a slot) lots of the stuff were backed up on the cloud

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Excellent choice! Very nice phone. Hope you enjoy it and can recover what you need from the RAZR M's SD card.

OP
E

ethan_glaud

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm loving it so far it's very fast and has a great battery. I'll post here if I can get it to work for others

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Its strange that your RAZR M did this and then other people reported similar issues in the past week on the Moto forum. Very strange. Both of my daughters have a RAZR M & so far so good with theirs.

OP
E

ethan_glaud

Reaction score
Oh really, other people had these issues too? My phone has always had issues so I wouldn't think many other people would have the issue, strange.