Not Receiving Some Texts...Sometimes

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I'm using a Droid Turbo running Android 6.0.1

So, every so often I will stop receiving text messages from one number.
I use Textra as my texting app...but I have checked the default texting app and the missing texts aren't there either.
If I restart my phone, I begin receiving texts again, but the missing ones from before never show up...ever. Not even after restarting. But it only seems to be from this one number...which happens to be from an iPhone.

If I happen to have Messages+ installed on my PC (so I can text from my desktop), and it is open, I will receive texts there when my phone isn't getting them...but when I send texts from Messages+, those do not appear on my phone...ever.

Any suggestions on why I may not be receiving some texts and a phone restart allows me to receive texts again, but I never, ever get the ones I didn't receive before the restart....???

Thanks.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is your texting app up to date with the most recent version? Any app updates available? There have been similar issues with stock messaging apps lately and new Play Store updates fixed those on some phones

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Yep...just checked. It is. My apps update automatically when plugged in and on WIFI. And it's been doing this for a couple months now.

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20
You haven't accidentally blocked the number by any chance?

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
No. I get texts from that number most of the time...but far too often they just won't come through to me at all, and I will continue to not get them until I restart my phone, then they start coming through again...but the ones I missed when I wasn't getting them still never get to me through my phone texting apps (any of them).
I have found that if I use the Messages+ desktop app from Verizon, that I can see the texts I am missing in there...but if I send texts using Messages+, those texts don't show up on my phone.
It's really screwed up...and it's only from that one number...at least that I know of.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
May be a long shot, but if that contact doesn't have/use your area code that may be it. I ran into this recently at work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I assume so, since she lives in a different area code and her phone number has her area code... but I'm checking.