Phone Won't Let Launcher Pro Become My Default Launcher?

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
Hello,

I figured I'd turn to the droid family for help on this one. I went to go purchase LauncherPro Plus, but installed the free version first. When I went to home switcher and made LauncherPro my default launcher, as soon as I clicked on the home button it took me straight to the stock android launcher.

Everytime I check to see on home switcher what the default is it says its Android not LauncherPro

I manually updated to 2.2 last week. Could this contribute to the problem? I really like LauncherPro but so far this is the only thing thats holding me back.

Any input/suggestion would help.
Thanks

OP
P

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
ok im so sorry guys i figured it out -___-.

please lock it up.

again i apologize for the unnecessary thread.

kater36

Reaction score
I am having this same problem as we speak. I used launcher pro for the last few months and I got the 2.2 update today and I cant get it to set as my default. I downloaded home switcher as well and it switches back once i hit the home button...please tell me how you fixed it, I've been trying to figure it out all evening

thanks so much
katie

BuglessFan

Reaction score
When in doubt, just press the menu key -> Settings -> Manage Applications -> All -> go to the app that is tied to the home key (the one you want your new launcher to replace) -> press the button near the bottom to clear default actions. Next time you press home you'll be asked to choose the launcher you want. Check the use by default checkbox below the list and pick the launcher you want to use.

There is also a free app (something like Home Switcher or Home Chooser) that basically does the same thing for you without going through the menus.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
or just uninstall and reinstall it and it will ask you again which one u want to use as default

home switcher is the easier way :)

kater36

Reaction score
That worked! Thank you so much! I didn't realize that that app was even listed and that you could turn it off!
Thanks Again
Katie

L4WD0GG

Reaction score
This app works perfect!

Search for an app called "Clear Default Home" in the market.
Dev name is TeslaCoil Software. It's free.

This should solve your problem! :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The app Home Switcher does not support Froyo 2.2. The best it can do is launch a home, but it can't set one as default.

Clearing the default on your Home is be best way now.

L4WD0GG

Reaction score
The app Home Switcher does not support Froyo 2.2. The best it can do is launch a home, but it can't set one as default.

Again, to be clear, use an app called "cleardefaulthome".
It clears your default launcher (no matter what it is) and allows to you select your respective launcher.

This is not "Home Switcher" and DOES work on froyo.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Again, to be clear, use an app called "cleardefaulthome".
It clears your default launcher (no matter what it is) and allows to you select your respective launcher.

This is not "Home Switcher" and DOES work on froyo.

This is from the Market about ClearDefaultHome

This app does very little. It open the "Application Info" Activity of the default Home so you can click "Clear Defaults" and the next time you hit the Home button you can choose a new one.
If you want more than this, don't download it as it does nothing more.

Similar use as "Home Switcher" but this can be used on Froyo.

So it'll work fine, and what it does is let you skip Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and takes you directly to your default Home. You then clear the default yourself. Makes it quick if you go between Homes a lot.