Launcher Pro problems with 4.0.4

yesterdaywascool

Reaction score
Are you able to change to different launchers with this update? I used to have LauncherPro on my old samsung facinate, but with this one everytime I go to change home screen stuff, the app dies out. I use Home switcher to go back and forth, but everytime I go to LP, it times out on me and Force Closes. :angry:

Is it Home Switcher thats bad, does anyone recommend a different app, or am I stuck with the stock setup?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am now using the stock launcher, but however I used to have LP and Home Switcher on ICS and both worked fine.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling both of them since the ICS upgrade?

OP
yesterdaywascool

yesterdaywascool

Reaction score
I have and when I set LP as the default a pop up will come up saying "Unfortunately, Home Switcher has stopped." It sucks

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah that is no good, did you do a factory data reset after the install of ICS or did you just update over your previous Gingerbread install?

Doing a factory data reset after doing the ICS install give you a whole new phone, and it runs MUCH smoother and things works a whole lot better.

OP
yesterdaywascool

yesterdaywascool

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that i just did it over Gingerbread. How do I do a factory Reset? And ill Prolly lose everything wont I?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you go to Settings>Privacy>From there you can do the reset.

Yes you will lose anything not backed up, though they have back up programs for most everything now.

Daballa

Reaction score
I used to use home switcher but for some reason it wouldn't work for me on ics (force closes). I have since moved on from LauncherPro (Apex) but try using "Home Manager" free in play store. It is basically the same as "home switcher" and for sure works with ics. If you still get force closes after that then LauncherPro is the culprit. The lack of support for some time now has LauncherPro very outdated. I suggest Apex or Nova along with Android Pro Widgets. It gives a a very similar look and feel to LauncherPro Plus.

OP
yesterdaywascool

yesterdaywascool

Reaction score
Thanks everybody, I did the FDR and it works so far, dont see anything wrong. I did the Backup and everythings saved on the SD card. now it says that the sd card is getting full, so im trying to move it back to internal storage, like saved on the phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You can also save the backup folder to your PC and put it back on sdcard if you need it. That is what I do because they do take up a lot of space. If you used MyBackup, it is the rerware folder.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums