Phone unexpectedly deletes all contacts

mrchips05

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I tried to do a search and see if anyone else has been having this problem..

I got my Droid to try as a replacement to the Tour last Friday. I woke up Monday morning and all but 2 of my contacts had been removed from the phone and the call log had been cleared (messages stayed in tact if it matters). From what I could figure out, due to my Google Contacts only having a few people in it, the phone did a one way sync and deleted all the contacts that were stored on the phone. It didn't make sense as to why it would only do a one-way, but at least I understood what happened.

Anyways, I imported all of my contacts to Google Contacts, synced to my phone, backed them up on my SD card, and turned off G-Mail syncing. All is well now, right?

Apparently not....I was using my phone today, put it in my pocket for a couple of minutes, and when I took it back out all of the contacts had been removed again and the phone log had been cleared. This was with G-Mail syncing turned off.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have some sort of idea as to what might be going on with my phone?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:

bass_lover1

Reaction score
Do they ever come back on their own?

I thought I read somewhere that when syncing with Google's cloud, it could take up to 15 minutes for everything to get synced up properly.

Also, did you turn off mail sync or contact sync? There are two separate options.

OP
M

mrchips05

Reaction score
The contacts have not come back on their own unfortunately.

After the first time it happened I turned off the contact sync, apologies for not being clear about that even after my edit, haha.

elbowglitter

Reaction score
This may not work for you, but this just happened to me and I was able to re-import them from the SD card. I had never taken the time to export them, but it was clearly something that automatically happened.

JayMonster

Reaction score
There is something else afoot here, because even if it was a sync issue with the cloud, that wouldn't affect your Call logs.

proustitute

Reaction score
have you tried searching for them? starting today, i can only see my gmail synced contacts, but i can search for & find all the others that i input & from facebook. but they're no longer displayed in the master contact list, which is frustrating. haven't solved it yet.