Lost ALL phone contacts

Mecham56

Reaction score
Okay, I totally love the droid... but there is one thing that has been bothering me. It synced all my google contacts to my phone, and but then deleted them all from gmail. luckily I had all my contacts backed up on my computer and entered them in. Once I did that all my contacts from my phone got deleted. Every contact (other than facebook and gmail contacts) that I had in my phone is now gone. What do I do?!

Reaction score
I had my contacts backed up to Verizon with their Backup Assistant app, and last week I lost ALL of the contacts that are businesses. I don't enter first and last name for a business; instead, I enter the business name in Organization. Their backup/restore must be ignoring the contacts that don't have first or last names. That's just DUMB. When I called Verizon they told me that they guess I will just have to re-enter all of the business phone numbers I used to have.

BTW, the whole reason I had to back up and restore my contacts is because I upgraded my Droid X to version 2.2, and I lost the Market Place app. Verizon told me the only way to fix that was to do a hard reset, which would wipe everything out. So, between Google and Verizon, I have had nothing but problems with my phone for about a month.